Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships in the ST:TMP film (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ships in the ST:TMP film
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The359:
There was no Bonhomme Richard class in the Starfleet Technical Manual, which is where the producers got the names and registries of all these ships. The Bonhomme Richard stuff came from Fandom later on.

Wrong. Ship names in the Technical Manual that are marked with an asterisk are "class ships;" in the second batch of heavy cruisers, the Bonhomme Richard has an asterisk, as does the Constitution in the first batch and the Achernar in the third. Read the bottom of the ship list pages. Fandom got the class names right out of the Manual.

quote:
Originally posted by The359:
Now, as for the Lakia, aren't there some shuttles mentioned in the Starfleet Tech Manual?

No. There is one shuttle shown, belonging to a starbase, and no list or other reference to names.

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: Ryan McReynolds ]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, watch for those asterisks!!!

Classes presented in the Manual:
1. Constitution
2. Bonhomme Richard
3. Achernar
4. Tikopai
5. Saladin
6. Siva
7. Cochise
8. Hermes
9. Monoceros
10. Cygnus
11. Federation

Oh, and I'm pleased that the references to the scouts are still there. I only thought they were gone because I heard someone say a while back that they were taken out. They must have been mistaken.

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or does the thread title Ships in the ST:TMP Film seem just a bit repetative?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or do you seem to be really obsessive about what people call a film?

(For those of you w/ no clue as to what I'm talking about, check out the "Request for screencap from SWIV:ANH:SE" thread in the SW Forum. )

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could have been more anal and said

SWIV:ANH(SW):SE(SW:SE)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang on, that was me. Not Jeff. He deserves no credit for me taking you to task for the riduculous length of what you called Star Wars.

This is different though. Jeff is pointing out the redundency of "film". It's not like you could be talking about Star Trek: The Motion Picture: the Indoor Swimming Pool.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, Liam, I try and tell people that, but who does Mim get pissed at? Me! Me!

Personally, I'm still waiting on Star Trek: The Motion Picture: The Outdoor Swimming Pool?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek: The Motion Picture--The Outdoor Swimming Pool?

Now, do you mean ST:I:TMP--TOSP, or ST:I:TMP--TOSP:VHS or ST:I:TMP--TOSP :D VD..
and if so ST:I:TMP--TOSP:SE or ST:I:TMP--TOSP :D E?

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps