Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Okuda Map Image (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Okuda Map Image
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently you never check your PM's so PLEASE CHECK IT NOW! Or, if you just don't have the image readily available, at least say so. I'm really anxious to see it!

-MMoM

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good GODDESS, boy...take your hands off your nuts, would ya? DAMN...

You ARE correct, I do not check my PMs because I'm unimportant enough to not get them, so I don't bother. I've been busy with things like work, sleep, & committing minor felonies. But it's finally up.

Here. It's no different, just easier to read. Mind you, there is once modifcation: Aelrehn V is not a "real" planet. It's up near the Ferengis & the First Federation.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. I was just going crazy trying to read that tiny little one...

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

So, Axanar is near the Klingon Border. Does this mean the Battle of Axanar was against the Klingons?

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What am I, fuckin' Kreskin?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like.....
Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I like is that Vulcan and Andor are at least two sectors apart. So much for the Andorians being from a neighboring system.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think the map has much credence given all the developments lately.. they should keep things vague, so i say all maps are out (they are contradictory anyway)

and those cubes are a lot bigger than sectors.. each one is the size of hundreds of sectors

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Do you only consider the person who lives right next to you to be your neighbor? Personally, I'd call someone who lived a ways down my street who I knew my neghbor. They live in my neighborhood, don't they?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah but do you consider the guy who lives on the side street off the main street of which you live on another side street your neighbor too?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on what scale you're talking about. He's more a neighbour to you than, say, I am.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could still even believe Vulcan and Andor considering each other neighbors and being on opposite sides of us.
We just consider them to be far apart because we have no way to cross that distance at that point. They *can* go a lot faster than us

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way they said it in the episode was something like "the Andorians live in a neighboring system to Vulcan". In that sort of context, it would suggest that the systems are rather close.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Well, they are. If you look at the map (which specifically is a "local area" map) ALL of these systems are relatively near each other. There's no reason why Andor/ia and Vulcan can't be in the positions shown, and still be called "neighboring systems."

Keep in mind, the Vulcans have been out there exploring for a long time already in ENT's timeframe. Their sphere of influence probably includes much of the surrounding space. Just because Vulcan and Andor/ia aren't RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER doesn't mean that they're not neighbors, or that the space controlled by each isn't close together.

And I'll remind everyone, while this particular map hasn't appeared onscreen as yet, an earlier version was seen in "Conspiracy"(TNG), and in several different episodes of DS9, in Keiko O'Brien's schoolroom. That map showed Vulcan and Andor in exactly the same locations as this one. And it is undeniably CANON.

-MMoM

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
an earlier version was seen in "Conspiracy"(TNG), and in several different episodes of DS9, in Keiko O'Brien's schoolroom. That map showed Vulcan and Andor in exactly the same locations as this one. And it is undeniably CANON.

Well, judging by overall legibility, no more or less Canon than top secret Hamsterdrive technology.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps