Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Farragut in FC? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Farragut in FC?
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That will prove very useless, sicne First Contact happened before "Rapture" (DS9).

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In terms of dates they were shown to the public...

--------------------
Meh

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the stardates too,

Not sure about "Nor the battle to the strong" but "Doctor Bashir, I presume" was 50590.1
and that was quite a while after the Farragut was squished...

First Contact started in 50893.5, shortly before the end of DS9 series 5.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Oh. I had written that post without consulting any stardates...

--------------------
Meh

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
In terms of dates they were shown to the public...

I was referring to the fact that they mentioned First Contact in "Rapture," so it had to be before it. "The Darkness and the Light," immediately following the undated "Rapture," was stardate 50416.2. Since First Contact is 50893.5, it's just another case of stardates being useless for figuring out what happened when.

"Nor the Battle to the Strong" was several episodes before "Rapture," though. Technically, it is possible that First Contact was a few months earlier, but it seems weird that they'd wait so long to mention it. The issue of the new uniforms in "Rapture" also suggests they were near each other.

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: Ryan McReynolds ]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was referring to the fact that they mentioned First Contact in "Rapture,"

When? the only reference to the borg attack AFAIK is in "By Inferno's Light"

SISKO - "...with the Klingon war and the recient Borg attack, Starfleet's stretched pretty thin."

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nor the Battle to the Strong they were still wearing the older uniforms.

FC would have to take place after DS9 started using the FC uniform design, since Worf and the other DS9 crew on the Defiant were all in their new duds. (i dont thinks its plausible they were switching uniforms back to the old design right when they got back to DS9).

quote:
That will prove very useless, sicne First Contact happened before "Rapture" (DS9).

I dont recall any reference to FC in Rapture,so i dont know where this is coming from. but Rapture is the first ep to feature DS9 characters wearing the FC uniforms. So, contrary to that statement, FC didnt take place 'before 'Rapture''.. It must have taken place somewhere between 'The Ascent' (the last appearance of the old uniforms) and before being mentioned in 'Purgatory's Shadow/Inferno's Light' It could have been slightly before 'Rapture' or after it, but definitely before the two-parter.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regardless, "By Inferno's Light" was a 505xx stardate. FC was 508xx. So, either one of those has to be fudged a bit, or the Borg attacked twice.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argh, don't get me started on this again, I spent ages juggling stardates trying to work out when Bashir was replaced by a changeling. . . Managed to figure it out, I think, my reasoning is over at TNO somewhere.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Veers
You first
Member # 661

He was could've been replaced before "The Ascent," even, meaning the changeling just changed uniforms...

But that's another topic.

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah.. its actually easier for a changeling to change clothes than it is for us.

And having the real bashir appear wearing a uniform we hadnt seen in a few episodes was a great dramatic tool. Didnt the producers specifiy in a newsgroup somewhere exactly where they intended for Bashir to have been kidnapped?

And stardates arent always chronological. We just wish they were. Just like in TNG season 1 when Tasha dies on one stardate, then there are several episodes filmed before that one that have stardates later than when she died. No, the uniform and IL/PS comment are the only evidence we can trust in this instance

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, TNG's first season followed the TOS pattern of random stardates. After that, they started doing it chronologically. So I usually fix the Tasha's-death problem by figuring Picard was having a bad year and misspoke on some of the stardates. :-)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to try find that thread. . . Now, where's my TNO bookmark. . ? Bollocks! It's been taken down! Ooh, but I got a mention. Bless. 8)

Maybe I've got the orig text file somewhere. . . Nope. Damn. I'll speak to Adam B.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I read that they hadn't planned on Bashir being a changeling all along. The writers were in story meetings for "In Purgatory's Shadow", and said "Hey? Could we make Bashir the changeling? And have the real one appear in his own clothes on a prison asteroid?"

"Let me check. Well, he did operate on a changeling in *that episode whose name I have forgotten*"

"What happened to the changeling?"

"It died"

"Brilliant. Fans will just think that he killed it or something. It works!"

Apparently they filmed a scene of Changeling Bashir for "For the Uniform" (the episode directly before "Purgatory") but took it out when they deceided to keep it as a shock plot twist.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
Member # 709

I remember seeing Purgatory's Shadow and going back to the episodes before it trying to see if they left any clues about Bashir. I kept expecting him to look cross-eyed into the camera or something. I realized they probably had no idea they were going to pull that plot twist.

Its just a good thing they didnt put 'Dr. Bashir, I Presume' until after they got the real Bashir back.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps