Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Why in the hell Akira was desighned so early?! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Why in the hell Akira was desighned so early?!
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're an ass. Here, take this towel & clean that up.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd accept 15 torp tubes and the carrier stuff... but two warp cores... where do you get that?

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In here,than more photons you can unleash at enemy in second than your chance to win is higher.

Assuming for a moment that Trek is not about fine storytelling, yes, you are right. However, it doesn't take 15 tubes to fire 'than more photons'. Remember the Ent-D which could simultanuously fire something like five or six from one tube. (and I will not believe there is ANY logic in having a ship fire 15*5=75 torps at once!)

And second:Almost every ship in ST have shuttlebays which can be used to carry fighters.And do not forget about antigravs,they saves alot of space.

Anti-grav does not make doors bigger or fighters smaller. And how you do you get out of your fighter in zero-g? Or service them?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know the Ent-D and her Galaxy class sisters could fire ten torps in one volley. If an Akira has those same tubes...

...therefore, I think it is more plausible to say that the launchers on the Akira cannot fire as many torps in one volley, and that is why she has the largest number of launchers in the fleet.

Speaking of fire rates, does anyone know how many the Ent-E can fire in one volley?

Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always thought that Akira's tubes is pule-fire i.e. it fire small valley of 4 torps than wait for 3-5 seconds.

Ant-gravs just allow for more effective use of space.And why not in zero-g?

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps