Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Preview: pre-Fed ship database (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Preview: pre-Fed ship database
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Each Companion costs about $20 on Amazon, but they're not shipped outside the US

are you quite certain? I'm sure I've seen those in shops over here (UK)

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazon doesn't ship the Companions internationally for some reason, but I suppose you could get them through other retailers.

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Phelps ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't seem to list the TNG one...
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The359:
SS Hateras and DEV Eagle Valley shouldn't be on the list, since their launch dates is AFTER the 2161 date of the creation of the Federation.

Why couldn't Earth (or organizations thereon) still send out vessels independently?

They could have been part of UESPA, after all.

(Also, a decent rationalization for Kirk's use of the phrase "United Earth Space Probe Agency" in TOS might be that occasionally the Federation vessel was occasionally sent on missions for the UESPA . . . they may have also performed missions for the Vulcan Science Academy, the Andorian Whatchamacallit, et cetera. Indeed, these planet-specific bodies might serve as explanation for the manifold terms of TOS for their operating authority . . . I'm thinking of a Tellarite "Star Service" ("Conscience of the King"), the Andorian "Space Central" ("Miri") . . . )

Guardian 2000

--------------------
G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd: just wanted to point out that what you call a travel pod from "Broken Bow" was called an "orbital inspection pod" in the script, and did in fact have a name: "Orbital 6," as spoken by the com officer who tells Archer he's needed at Medical.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.