Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Chain-fire phasers. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Chain-fire phasers.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still doubt the phasers mentioned are the same type. For one thing, Voyager is the most up-to-date vessel of her time, so why would you stick something from the TMP era onto a ship with bioneuro-gel packs and infinite space shuttlebay? Plus, since we agree that though these emitters can handle a lot of energy but only generate a little, it makes no sense to place them in such small numbers as to qualify as a phaser bank. They can't pack enough punch to make them worth the effort. Evolutionary-wise, there is a clear movement away from phaser banks to arrays.

Also, you have not said anything about the same type of strip having wildly different sizes.

Phasers need something to emit them, both arrays and banks are technically emitters, I see no point in bring up the DS9TM thing.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I brought up the DS9:TM thingy to show that they use emitters on all ships, of any type and of any size, and that you only need one emitter to be considered a phaser array/bank.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps