Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Request for audio clip from TMP:DE (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Request for audio clip from TMP:DE
The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many variants... and one solution. See below.

Ok, they're out there in the middle of nowhere (hey, that's where I live) and malfunctions keep happening, and Scotty keeps fixing them. Well, he needs for room (for his ever expanding gut...), and they add that grille, the the ball for him, by the redshirts themselves, using the Handyman's secret weapon... duct tape. [Razz]

Just trying to add a little humor. But that's an idea... repairs. Huh.

[ May 21, 2002, 17:13: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone has a problem with the modifications themselves. Ships get refit, after all, all the time. My specific problem is that the ship switched back and forth during an episode. But that's hardly a real problem. Beyond that, it's not whether the ship was actually modified, but what exactly those modifications constituted in the larger sense of things.
The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Course it did... because of the heroic extensive use of duct tape to accomodate Scotty's gut & butt, it became standard ration during the Cardassian & Dominion Wars. See, it all makes sense now. See? See? You never see.
IP: Logged
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mostly because we can never understand what you are talking about.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Well, bearing in mind what the359 said about new ships in the com chatter in TMP [Big Grin] E, I've gone and listened to it over and over again. I can hear the "Long Range Shuttle Lakia" part. And now I can hear what I guess is "NCC-1715," but I can't hear the "Cruiser Merrimac" part of that message. And also, I think I can hear a reference to a starship Lincoln, as well.

According to past conversations I had with Andy Probert, he said he provided several versions of comm chatter text for the Epsilon 9 scene, and that in the shortest of the sets he did he put his own name in as a gag...and that's the one they used in the film. I emailed Andy over the weekend and asked if he still had a copy of the text he wrote for said comm chatter, and he said he'd let me know if he stumbled across it. If he does, I'll give you guys the full quote.

BTW, I listened to said chatter and agree it sounds like "Lincoln".

--M

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.