Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Klingon 'blur' ship from TOS

Author Topic: Klingon 'blur' ship from TOS
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking at the blurry klingon ship from TOS - that was a 'scout' - I think it was from Errand Of Mercy??

Anyway - I thought it roughly looked like the BOP - which was designated a scout in Star Trek: III

take a look

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, maybe, it's just a blur.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like a bunny.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet the scout is flying to the right. Hmm.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't smoke any mary-jane today. I didn't smoke any mary-jane today. I didn't smoke any mary-jane today ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havent since wednesday.

Ive theorized about a TOS version of the bird-of-prey based on the one in this ep. I figure it would be without the Romulan design influence.. grey hull, not green.. no feathers painted on.. without the wings being foreswept.. etc and of course less hull detail to make it fit better with its TOS contemporaries.

And if it was going to have guns on the wings and warp on the body, it would probably have the warp nacelles on the top of the rear hull, like the unproduced variant Matt Jefferies came up with in his D7 design concept sketches. Maybe I'll draw up a conjectural desgin and post it.

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't anyone see the overall shape similarities!?! Of course it wasn't what was really happened - its nice that working backwards we might get some sort of concensus!

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of "working backwards", isn't the TOS blurship supposed to actually be moving to the upper right?

Timo Saloniemi

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew: Don't you have anything better to do than to try & prove that yet another Klingon ship design is actually even more old than we thought it was?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Ahhhh *looks around* yes!

Maybe it is not exactly the same but similar in design with a smooth D7-esque hull!?!

Maybe if it is moving to the upper right on the viewscreen, the Enterprise might be moving to the lower left...

--------------------

Scott Nixon
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Scott Nixon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Klingon ship you speak of was in 'Friday's Child,' not 'Errand of Mercy.' From "The Star Trek Compendium":
"The Klingon battle cruiser was first used in the third-season 'Trek' episode 'Elaan of Troyius': in this show a 'fill-in' design was used, an animated flat-iron shape with a rear fin that resembles something out of the 1939 Buck Rogers serial. Glowing a bright orange on the Enterpise viewscreen, it is seen for several seconds and vanishes without ever becoming distinct."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh well, its worth a weeze...

Blur'el-Class

if this doesn't show up, I'm open to suggestions

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps