Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Questions (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Questions
Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.Where can I find a replacment for www.shipschematics.net, did anybody ever put up a mirror?
2.Does anybody have a copy of the Federation Starship Recognition Chart that they could scan in? I can't find it anywhere, not even on e-bay.
Thanks,
John

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a mirror, but a temporary site set up in case the original went down, which it has. It's not sanctioned by the original website and even hasn't been updated in a while, but some stuff is there.

http://www.shipschematics.cjb.net

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like how the site has stolen this message board's background.. and that the ship i drew and sent in is still up there.. i thought it was lost to me forever when my drive crashed and the site went down. hmm.. but my artists credit is missing..

USS Star Empire

But theres something dreadfully wrong with the site.. it takes forever to load or doesnt load at all on my home computer.. some browser problem? and is it on the Gerratana boy's website?

God i remember how awful that site was.. eight nacelle variants.. the USS 'Soul of Peace' has a rollbar with four Miranda torp launchers.. yuck

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would point out that it wasn't just some random person "stealing" the background from here. Chris Martin aka Fabrux aka Mr. Christopher set that site up.
capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we have someone to ask about the 'drawn by' credits, because i want my pic taken down if im not going to be credited.

And the misspellings...

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whine, whine, whine. All you do is bitch lately.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

capped
Member # 709

Im just trying to fit in

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, Chris put that site together by hurriedly d/l'ing the images before the original site went down. I don't think he had time to record all the credits. I'm sure that if you tell him which ship(s) need(s) your name on it/them, he can do something about it.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I like how the site has stolen this message board's background.. and that the ship i drew and sent in is still up there.. i thought it was lost to me forever when my drive crashed and the site went down. hmm.. but my artists credit is missing..
USS Star Empire

But theres something dreadfully wrong with the site.. it takes forever to load or doesnt load at all on my home computer.. some browser problem? and is it on the Gerratana boy's website?

God i remember how awful that site was.. eight nacelle variants.. the USS 'Soul of Peace' has a rollbar with four Miranda torp launchers.. yuck

I can honestly say that I've never seen this image before today and yet...I came up with this dreadnaught

I think I was inspired by some old TOS novel. How about you?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh...Ooops. Actually, this site has kinda been put on the back burner. It was a summer project, when I had time for these things. And yes, it's on Frank's server, as there wasn't anywhere else I could get 50 MB free without banners and whatnot. James sent me all the CGI scripts from his site, but, alas, I don't know how to work with CGI, so I can't edit the scripts so they'll all work with the new page. If I can get good webspace and figure out the scripts (if I ever get the time), the site will be just like it was before. And then I might even be able to add stuff to it!

And, for the record, James likes the site. Why else would he send me the scripts?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

capped
Member # 709

Ummm. yeah.. the Star Empire was in 'Dreadnought!' by Diane Carey.. the USS Star Empire, NCC-2331 (or MKC-2331 she said) i based the side view on the painting on the cover, the other views i did myself. it was a bitch too i drew that whole thing in paintbrush.. took forever.

I used to have a bunch of Technical Manual stuff for it (deck plans, graphics, cutaways) as part of a 'general familiarization handbook' on my old computer, but it all melted before i ever got to post it.

The original design is by Boris Vallejo (which i tried to follow exactly) and the descriptions of internal details were by Diane Carey.. but the work that went into it was mine

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I'm finding the front view to be a real pain.

Seeing your take on it is interesting, I like what you did with the rear tips of the nacelles, I think I interperated those sticky out parts as damage instead of being a part of the design.

Why did you choose to give it an octagonal sauser? besides being unconventional, its a little unsightly.

--------------------

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another 3 nacelle ship, Roddenberry must have been on the mega spin dry cycle since TNG ended.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Actually Franz Joseph designed the Dreadnaught back in the 70's before the 1st movie was even made.

--------------------

Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody have a Idea about were to find the chart?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps