Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Post-view: Romulan ship database (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Post-view: Romulan ship database
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
From the Neutral Zone Database:

I think the following is a lot closer to what that Romulan "tube ship" looks like.

I'm open to thoughts as to where this might be inaccurate.

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: mrneutron ]

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pic of the RTS, mrneutron. Did you make it yourself? I'm not planning to include it, but just in case I should change my mind (after all I have the SS Valiant image too).

Thanks for the other suggestions!

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
Nice pic of the RTS, mrneutron. Did you make it yourself? I'm not planning to include it, but just in case I should change my mind (after all I have the SS Valiant image too).

Yes, I drew it. And if you want to use it, go right ahead.

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: mrneutron ]

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

MrNeutron
Member # 524

quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:

Yes, I drew it. And if you want to use it, go right ahead.

--------------------

MrNeutron
Member # 524

Whoops. Accidentally double posted. Editing this so as not to be Captain Dunsel.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Far more accurate.

How come your not planning to include it, Bernd? Like you've said, you've got the Valiant. And I should think this design fits very well with most people's conception of what ships of this period would look like.

-MMoM

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, there was somebody who did a very nice looking DY-750 pic as well. I'll see if I can track that down...

-MMoM

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also, there was somebody who did a very nice looking DY-750 pic as well. I'll see if I can track that down...

To my knowledge there is no such thing of a DY-750.
Only a 100, 245, 430, 500, 732, 950 and a 1200.
Unless of course you've seen something I haven't.
If so then share please!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

It was in the Chronology. Another model built by Greg Jein specifically for the book along with the Valiant, Daedalus, early Phoenix, and Romulan ship.

here's a pic
http://www.stguardian.to/mixed/early/dy750.jpg

I'll go back through the old threads and see if I can find the side view that whoever did. It was really good.

-MMoM

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Found it.

Couldn't find the original thread, but I had the image saved on my hard drive. Consequently, I can't say who made it, but i know somebodey did, so I'm sorry I'm not able to give credit.

DY-750

-MMoM

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Neutron: I think that the wings and the nacelle don't go down so low. They center line of the nacelle probably are not below the bottom of the main body. Also, I think that the edge of the open cylinder at the back is not a full circle but is cut away at the bottom. I can't quite tell how those corrugations on the bottom of the ship are related to the rear cylinder, but they I think they are related some how.

Are you going to try to reproduce that feather pattern on the top of the wing?

Scott Nixon
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Scott Nixon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello.
I've got an unpolished schematic of the 'Earth-Romulan War' Romulan ship that I made a year or so ago (side and top view--but without the design on the wing). It's a .bmp file on my computer--I don't have a website--so I can't post it. Would one of you like to 'adopt' it on their website so it can be posted here? Please e-mail me if you're interested.
Thanks.

--------------------
"One person's modus ponens is someone else's modus tollens."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ain't that ironic Monkey, thats one of mine.
Theres an up-to-date version on the ASDB site, I had it down as the DY-245.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Well, that is ironic. Now you can put it under its proper name!

The long-lost DY-750 comes home!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend!?! You did that!?! It's really nice! What program do you use to do stuff like that!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.