Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Tricorder: the real thing

Author Topic: Tricorder: the real thing
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does exist, I know that, but how to obtain one is a mystery. Anyone know?

What I do know that it analyzes Temperature and humidity, electromagnetic Radiation, light spectrum, and theoretically, it could measure the amount of chlorophyll in leaves.

Think of the practical household applications for this........

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Whistling sound effects emanating from the kitchen]

"Honey! The biscuits are burning!"

------------------
Nobody's perfekt.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . Mrs. Dunehew doing Troi-speak: "I have a feeling of mild annoyance. Oh, no, wait, that's me. I can SMELL them burning, you twit!"

Sorry, Baloo. . . 8)

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they make the sounds? I hope so. Otherwise, I don't want one... :-)

------------------
"I prefer much more diplomatic ways of pissing people off."
-a certain anonymous administrator

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shoulda removed the word "household"....... But the basic point is, that it CAN be used for something, it wouldn't be like some cheap toy you'd get from Playmates.

TSN: yes, they come complete with sounds and the like. Saw an article where one of the creators of the tricorder went to show it to a farmer. In order to ensure the fact that it wasn't a toy, he disabled all the sounds, and when he looked at it, he said "Hey, I thought it was a Tricorder"!!!

------------------
Except Temptation

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Humm...... anyone know where to get one of these things? More importantly, how much does it cost.

Should be the thing to get for ANY star trek fan.

------------------
Except Temptation

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could have sworn I started this topic way back when...heheheh.

http://commrelay.trekhosting.com/UBB510/Forum13/HTML/000014.html

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing has to have

-Globel Positioning
-DNA sequencer
-Oscilloscope
-Girl scout cookie dispenser

If I sound like don't know what I am talking about it's probable be cause I don't.

lol

-

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's ok, Bear, no one else here knows what they're talking about, even if they say they do .

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it synthesise marshmallows to sustain hungry campers in forests?

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marshmellows? You mean marshmellons...

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek: The Magazine has an article on designing the tricorder and shows a pic with the caption: "REAL WORLD--Back in the 20th Century, Vital Technologies have even developed a working tricorder. It can be used to take readings of several environmental conditions."

(It even sort of looks like one)
i.e. same button config

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps