Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » U.S.S. Titan - possible minor $$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Titan - possible minor $$$
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the Zandura concept, but what the Endeavor thing?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were some pencil sketches of the Endeavor in the Sketchbook for Generations and First Contact (page 203). What the heck was the Zandura? This is the first I've heard of it.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhh, somebody post the Zandura image again. . . I bet it'll either be an entirely new class, or an old favourite like a Galaxy.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah...post the Endeaver pics too....pretty please. [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Endeavour == Mirandized Sovereign that was supposed to be the flagship of the FC fleet, but was never actually modelled

Zandura == four-nacelled ship drawn for the FC battle, but also never modelled

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask and ye shall receive.

The Zandura
The Endeavour

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the subject of Riker's replacement being on the Enterprise during at least part of the movie, and Riker's new ship probably not being seen in the movie, you could explain Commander Martin Madden's presence by his being there in a transition period. After all, Riker's been XO to Picard for over fifteen years, and Madden will probably need to learn stuff and familiarize himself with the crew and ship operations - what better person to do that but Riker? And if not Riker, then who's gonna teach Madden to be really tall and swagger like him?

Mark

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Course, they totally stole the Endeavour idea from me. . . 8)

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/tacticalcruiser_monarch.jpg

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, nice theory.

But I don't think that'll happen. The new XO - I'll call him Culp, ok? - will not want to be compared to the previous XO. He's also certainly an experienced officer, with at least service as a second officer and possibly experience as an XO already. He knows the ropes -- just not the details for the Enterprise. And he'll learn quickly, just as Riker did those first few months out in space on the ship.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy!...
I've never seen those pics of the Zandura and Endeavour before. I'm just thinking about what it would've been like if they would've put them in the film.

--------------------
Meh

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the Endeavor ship will confuse the hell out of me, and the four naclled ship will make me think that the USS Prometheus was in the film.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I like the Endeavor more than the Zandura, but I can't say I'm loopy over either of them. They just don't bring it for me...

I doubt they're going to spend getting into the Riker/Madden transition. At the most, I could see Madden being aboard as second officer or something until Riker transfers and this being Riker's last mission on the Enterprise. In that case, we may get to see Picard dealing with the transition in private. But I doubt MAdden will have a very large role.

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps