Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » U.S.S. Ronald D. Moore, NCC-70564, Galaxy-class (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Ronald D. Moore, NCC-70564, Galaxy-class
Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Mark, those impulse engines are there. [Smile]

NO-CLICKwww21.brinkster.com/ace1701a/ncsd/gallery/beauty/honshu.jpgNO-CLICK

NO-CLICKhttp://www21.brinkster.com/ace1701a/ncsd/gallery/beauty/nebulaaftq1.jpgNO-CLICK

Cut and paste the URLs. Look at the two engines. Unlike the physical model that had no "engine remains" (though the Aztec pattern was later painted with spots at where the saucer engines would be), the Honshu CGI model's engines, while shaped into the hull, have the grill lines. My only guess is that this type of engine doesn't glow and/or these engines that we see are actually covers over the real engines inside the saucer.

The real world reason, probably, is that the Nebula CGI was made from the Galaxy CGI which would explain the more detailed saucer and more elliptical secondary hull.

[ February 03, 2002, 19:00: Message edited by: Ace ]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they certainly aren't traditional impulse engines, which is what I meant. Hence the confusion...

Mark

[ February 03, 2002, 20:13: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a little additional info: I just watched 'Image in the Sand' and 'Shadows and Symbols' and guess what I found? There's a shot showing a Galaxy at DS9 (not docked, but floating near the upper pylons). There are also some Warbirds and the nose section of a Vor'cha visible, but it was the Galaxy that got my interest: it seems to be a never-again-used shot, and it doesn't look CGI. Just wanted to let you know that this could be the Moore. The only other shot of a Galaxy at DS9 was the Venture (if you don't count the Enterprise/Odyssey-shot which hasn't been reused since then), reused one or two times. Not much to offer, but a beginning. Well, it could be...

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the Moore IS a CGI model.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think we've established that. It may be a physical model whose image was digitally manipulated/retouched for the pic.

Capt. Kyle, can you get a screencap?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ February 20, 2002, 11:36: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^

Nope, sorry. And I haven't seen a screencap of it yet. Maybe someone else has this possibility. It appeared in both episodes.

And whether is is CGI or not isn't that easy to decide. This one seems more 'model'-ish, but I could be wrong.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm convinced the Moore is CGI. For those with the SOTL 2002 calendar, compare the detail of the Challenger (in the centrefold) with the Moore. In particular the detail of the phaser array and the lifeboat hatches are sure signs that both of these Galaxys are the same model.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders which is worse - a Galaxy-class ship named after a drunken court jester or Ronald D. Moore*

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps