Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » DEFIANT (Changing faces of evil $$ SPOILER $$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DEFIANT (Changing faces of evil $$ SPOILER $$)
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Defiant gets destroyed by the Breen at the Chin'taka system.

Gets hit by Breen energy dissapator, then gets rocked by torpedoes.

Ablative armour gives crew time to get to escape pod.

Then it get blown to pieces

It was a pretty good ship

------------------
"She was a good ship..." - Cpt Sisko, as he stood over the Defiant Bridge for the last time

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Couldn't you have just added something to one of the several other threads about this subject, here, or in the Deep Space Nine Forum, and maybe in General Discussion too?
grb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, does anyone have pics of the Defiant getting destoried? I wo't see this episode for another week, so it'd be nice to see the pics early......

------------------
"How many people does it
take before it becomes
wrong? 6,000? 60,000?
How many people does it
take admiral!?!" -Ambassador
Picard during his command
of the Enterprise-E in the
Ba'ku incident.

IP: Logged
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some screen captures would be nice. Anyone willing to post them?

------------------
'Sir, you've been ordered not to take Polermo'

'Ring General HQ, ask them if they want me to give it back'.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, since I saw this episode today.

Escape pods
Underside in flames
Ouch

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "No more jokes, Springer. Cybertron's in deadly danger. We're heading back there. Now."
Springer: "Yes sir, Mister Leader, sir."

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*rushes forward with a marshmallow on a stick*

Well, shame to waste all those flames. . . 8)

------------------
"Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things!" - Silent Bob

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd much rather see DS9 get blown up

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Looks like we're never gonna see the ship separate, eh?

And what's that at the top of the second pic (mostly hidden in the third)? Is that a Galaxy w/o its saucer upside-down, or a Nebula w/o its saucer rightside-up?

------------------
"I'm not stubborn. I'm just right."
-me

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looked like the remains of a Nebula to me just above the exploding Defiant. Time to revise my list of destroyed ships. I certainly got the impression that few if any of the Fed/Rom/Klingon ships survived the battle.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Nebula with it's saucer ripped off. In the upper right is a disabled Saber. I believe to the right is an Excelsior, and then there looks like pieces of a nacelle flying around. I must say, some very nice shots of Nebulas and Sabers in this ep. Saw some K't'ingas too

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

The First One
Member # 35

Yes. I just downloaded the clips, and it's not a bad little battle. . . as Matt says, that's definitely a Nebula upper right of the Defiant as it explodes, less its saucer. To the right might be an Excelsior, although I initially thought it was a Sabre. The other wreckage is unclear.

But what I did like was the first shots of the fleet. It was good to see Nebulas in there as the big hitters (for all the good they did) and I especially LOVED those Steamrunners. When one zips past at the beginnign, you get an impression of quite how sleek they are that you don't get from pictures. The Akiras didn't even get a look in.

And of course, the end of the Defiant: curiously plaintive Abandon Ship siren, almost like whalesong. When you consider how casula and confident - even cocky - Sisko was at the start of the fight, it seems he was really asking for it. . .

So then: in the fleet I'd say there were: 2 Nebulas, at least 2 Excelsiors, 2 Steamrunners, 3 Akiras, 1 Sabre, 2 Mirandas. . . and 1 Defiant. *sob*

And lastly, does Star Trek have something about women drivers? Consider: E-D, Troi at helm, crash. Voyager, Janeway at helm, runs into Krenim timeship. Defiant, Dax at helm, crashes ("Children of Time," alternate universe stuff); then 'for real' with Kira at the helm, gets blasted by the Breen's Dr. Freeze ray. Hmm?

Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acually I think also saw 1 Galaxy Class ship, but I could be wrong. I think it was more along the line of 3/4 Excelsiors. I saw a least 4 Birds of Prey, and at least 4 Romulan Warbirds. I noticed the Defiant's Abandon Ship alarm sounded kinda wierd.

------------------
One silly, twice foolish. -Dr. Weaver, ER

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also thought it was kind of strange that Sisko stood there staring around the bridge for so long w/o the ship blowing up. I hate when they do that...

------------------
"I see you've found your Nausicaan friend. You seem unimpaled so far..."
-Q to Picard, "Tapestry"

The First One
Member # 35

Well, what I said before - he was so casual as they went into battle. None of the intensity I've noticed in the past. He honestly expected to just breeze through it again like he did last time, adn that his ship would take it like it always did. Probably quite a shock. . .
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though it should be noted that Janeway meant to crash into the Krenim timeship.

------------------
"You hear about 'constitutional rights,' 'free speech,' and the 'free press.' Every time I hear these words I say to myself, 'That man is a Red!!...' You never hear a real American talk like that!"
--
Mayor Frank Hague, Jersey City

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps