Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ST5:TFF uniform colors (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ST5:TFF uniform colors
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is mainly aimed at Spike, who's got a wonderful new addition to his page - an extensive set of Bob Fletcher notes on the uniform color and decorations code. Traditionally, uniforms have fallen under "Starships & Technology"...

Where exactly do we see the supposed deep blue of the Marines? I can't spot anything non-tan on those ground combat team uniforms from my crappy ST5 tape, or from any reference photos.

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://home.arcor.de/spike730/misc/marines.jpg

It can be seen during the shuttle flight.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.. that's one heck of a system.. I bet there was a special "How To Tell Who's Your Superior" course on the Academy in those years.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! It's damn difficult to see any color, let alone *that* color, inside the dark shuttle unless one's got a crystal-clear 'cap like that... I wonder if the term "blue-on-blue fire" has taken on an extra meaning with these guys?

And I wonder how many Klingons lost their lives because they didn't get the intelligence update that said "From SD 8321.6 on, the blue guys are NOT the wussiest in Starfleet any more"?

Timo Saloniemi

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, was that screencap from the S.T.5 DVD?

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's from the DVD.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spike, do you have the Region 2 DVD like the one available here in Germany? Or is it a different one - with more bonus material by any chance?

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

I have the Region 2 DVD. The only bonus material is a cinema trailer & teaser trailer.

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Hmmm, I thought so.
Does anybody know whether they are planning special edition DVDs for the rest of the movies, apart from I and II?

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Khan special edition comes out in June, according to theoretically reliable rumor. Less reliable rumor suggests that all the films will be getting the SE treatment in chronological order. (Which implies, based on current rates, that a Final Frontier SE would be out in 2005, so we've got some time to kill waiting.)

The larger question is what do they do to it? TMP makes sense, in that there was this pre-existing legacy of things not done. But there isn't anything like that for the others. Oh, there are some missing scenes that could be added in. Peter Preston, space diving, that sort of thing. But redoing effects? Adding new footage? I don't know. Commentary tracks are always good, of course. And documentaries. And so on. I'd love those. But what can be said, positively, about the fifth film?

Then again, seeing a bit of self-aware criticism might be nice. I'm thinking of Okuda's text commentary for the first one, which was not above noting the, uh, rather extended nature of some scenes.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can imagine Shatner doing commentary on ST5 à la Kevin Costner in that one "Simpsons" ep.

"Oh, god, that's horrible. I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking..."

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They could digitally remaster those deck numbers in ST5 during the turboshaft scene [Big Grin]

[ February 22, 2002, 22:47: Message edited by: J ]

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Hey, now that would really be a great idea!

But seriously, I would hope they'd at least include an audio commentary. But knowing Paramount and their usually "thin" DVD bonus materials...
Think of "The Truman Show" for example. No one is going to tell me they didn't have any material they could add.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I'm guessing for the ST2-4 and 6 DVDs... That is, if the directors are into it. I'd assume Nimoy at least would be, and if Meyer isn't then they'll get a producer or two instead. Bonus materials could be the "behind the scenes" things, more commericals, etc. I'm not expecting the 2-4 and 6 effects woudl be redone.

As for 5, I'm hoping the effects to be almost toatlly redone - we all know they sucked that much. The ending should also be able to be revamped back to its original and much better ending - CG rockmen should be easy to design and add, since they shot the original footage to go with at least one rockman. And I'm sure Shatner would be delighted to talk about his work in a commentary. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

ILM could simply take the rockman they created for Galaxy Quest... [Big Grin]

As for the rest of the effects, that would be a major workload to redo all of them. I don't see any chance for them doing it. Too much money.

[ February 24, 2002, 03:32: Message edited by: Austin Powers ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps