Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A new runabout and a Cardassian shuttle (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A new runabout and a Cardassian shuttle
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the episode "Tacking the Wind", the runabout ferrying Damar, Garak, Nerys, Odo, and Rusot is seen dropping out of warp. The runabout is arriving at a contact point with a Cardassian shuttle. Very briefly, the registry of the runabout is seen. The registry is NCC-73916. I didn't get the name.
Along with the runabout, we saw a Cardassian shuttle. I estimate the size of the Cardassian shuttle to be about the same as a Danube Class Runabout.

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they said the name.

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure it wasn't the USS Volga NCC-73196? The Volga hasn't been destroyed (yet) and the registry is almost exact to what you saw

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We coudl scale the shuttle (read Hideki) to the Jem'Hadar fighter, although that would be a problem.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they did look rather small compared to the Jemmie.

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a cardassian shuttle in "Maquis Prt I" - It was smooth - with roundish thin 'pincers' at the back...

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The registry is very close to the Volga (73196), however the Volga was destroyed by the Jem'Hadar.

------------------
If you need it I can build it. Just as long as there is a box of junk for me to use.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unnamed ship with a registry of NCC-73916, and a ship without a registry, USS Gander. Perhaps they are the same ship. And even if the registry is close to the Volga, it's been established that the Volga was destroyed by a Jem'Hadar attack ship.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------
"If you prick me, do I not...leak" - Data.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gander kicked the bucket a couple of weeks ago.

------------------
"I haven't done any research, but I think the Defiant is 170m."
-Frank Gerratana

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the USS Gander is seen being tossed about by the currents of the Badlands, the registry of the ship can be seen briefly when facing to the right of the television screen (starboard profile). The registry is that of the USS Shenandoah.
IP: Logged
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When was the Volga destroyed?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trin: That's not good.

It's the last season they most be really slacking off.

------------------
I still need help with getting a new sig. file, but I have two days of class left, then three days of finals, WOOHOO! Now, if I could just my girl to lighten up a bit.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, when was the Volga destroyed? I don't list it as having been so...

------------------
"Sew, very old one! Sew like the wind!"
-Martin Short, The Three Amigos

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cardassian shuttle first appeared as a runabout sized vehicle way back when...I believe O'Brien was taken to Cardassia Prime to stand trial in one. Only later was the model used for the larger Hideki class.

------------------
"You can't catch me where I'm gonna fall. You can't catch me where I'll hide. This world's too cold, this Nova rolls. I'm moving to the sun."
--
They Might Be Giants

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: The first appearance was in "Profit and Loss" under the command of Natima Lang. It was referred to as a "Cardassian Shuttle". It then turned up again in "Tribunal" and was referred to as a "Hidecki class patrol ship" under the command of Gul Evek, and while we never got a shot of it alongside the runabout it was probably bigger than a runabout. It dropped out of sight until "Call to Arms" when it was fairly sizable (ie over 100m long) and then again in "Sacrifice of Angels", when it probably was the same size as in CtA.

------------------
"I haven't done any research, but I think the Defiant is 170m."
-Frank Gerratana

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps