Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Missing Okudagram from ("Hotel Royale"[TNG]) found. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Missing Okudagram from ("Hotel Royale"[TNG]) found.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
National Aerospace Registry seems likely is it started at NASA.. makes you wonder why it continued, unless it was something more like Naval Aeronautic Registry or something (which would concur with much later uses of it)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm fairly certain that we've never heard a person from the 21st or 22nd century say their vessel was a "NAR-" etc.

NAR- in my opinion is a catch all designation for any non-Starfleet ship, first assigned to those vessels which were launched prior to the start of the Federation and haven't been heard from since. After this, any vessel where contact could be achieved another registry prefix might have been given [like an NCC for a returning member world's ship]. --- After a while, all the "missing & uncontacted" vessels would have been marked with a NAR- registry [some of these might have been found like the list on the Ficus chart] and they would then started throwing out NAR-s to present day Federation civilian vessels.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look at the enhanced version and indeed the similar Mariposa screen, you can see that it says "UN Registry".
Implying a relationship to the United Nations which would presumably become Earth's world government.
The actual letters NAR are most likely just a code that like NCC, doesn't actually stand for anything.

[ May 29, 2002, 13:43: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it might be real after all...

--------------------
Meh

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've already noticed that UN thing, and I suspect that NAR might have a connection with the United Nations. After all, if NAR would solely denote any vessel operated by the NASA, I'd wonder why they didn't continue with using OV-registries, which were used for the Space Shuttles in real life.

As for NAR denoting any non-Starfleet vessel in the 24th century, there are numerous other reg prefixes for civilian ships (NFT, NGL, NDT). I'd say that NAR is used in the 24th century exclusively for non-Starfleet ships operated by Terrans. An Okudagram in "Unification" said that the T'Pau was in service of the Vulcan National Merchant Fleet or something like that. Perhaps there are other 'national' fleets as well, including a civilian Earth fleet, with each ship having a NAR registry. BTW, the T'Pau had an NSP-registry, which might point at the Vulcan origin.

--------------------
Signature.

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've cleaned the image up, here it is.

-

--------------------
Signature.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking how I assigned those conical structures towards the front 'the m/ar' chamber - actually after looking at the Ares, I reckon they are re-entry vehicles - the Ares has one on it in a similar position.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one who sees a similarity to these ships?

http://www.werewolves.org/~eas/journal/charybdis-kris.jpg

from it's paremt page, http://www.werewolves.org/~eas/journal/history1.htm

Regards
Jb

IP: Logged
darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's quite possible Bernd has the same source as the original poster of this thread (or one as good), and someone did a "clean up" version for him. I don't believe that Bernd would be part of a scam or hoax, from what I've seen of him, if that's what you're implying...if not, then accept MY apologies.

[ May 29, 2002, 18:56: Message edited by: darkwing_duck1 ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would point out that that EAS link credits the design to someone who, unless I'm quite mistaken, seems to be our very own Reverend, starter of this thread.
Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was this in Starlog? God, I used to save all my issues, I wish I still had them. Could this be from a fact file? What do you think, Bernd?

I personnaly am leaning toward the "real" side of the debate. Either it is real, or it is an AWEFULLY good fake.

That's just my two cents. Reverend, do you have an better quality image, a noncompressed one, that I can use for my site?

Thanks

Yak, aka Lance
The Officer's Bible
www.thetrekker.org

--------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://www.thetrekker.org

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd agree with Tim on this one. It seems to me Rev created the design or at least helped to refine it. But it certainly is not Okuda/Paramount created given the nature of the Journal of Applied Technology website.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The nose of the ship looks a great deal like that of the space shuttle to me. Definate NASA influence implied.
Regards

Jb

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't saying that Reverend necessarily made it up. I was simply replying to what Darkwing said. I was pointing out that Bernd apparently had nothing to do w/ it, other than putting it on his site.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't believe that Bernd would be part of a scam or hoax, from what I've seen of him,
Oh, really? :-o

I remember posting something for April Fool's Day.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps