Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Missing Okudagram from ("Hotel Royale"[TNG]) found. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Missing Okudagram from ("Hotel Royale"[TNG]) found.
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good. Really good. You got me with that 'screenshot'. Good work.
Do you know what's really interesting? When I watched that episode again, they mentioned the Charybdis' library. A ship of that size has a library (it obviously had a crew of several persons, too). But why the hell do they store a book like that in the library??? I mean, I understand that they don't want to read Goethe or Dante or Rowling, but why this book? [Roll Eyes] Imagine you had to live in such a novel for the rest of your live. Awful.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Swiss911 font is fine, but doesnt size small well at all unless your smooth it a lot.. BTW, the swiss font is the right thickness, like Compacta, but Okuda has said that there is no exact match since even when he uses a Font that others have, he plays with the aspect ratio so that its always a little thinner that the real version

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CaptainMike, you are really overplaying the differences between that oh-so-offensive TrekMonitor font and the righteous "real" Okuda font. Objectively, from a distance they are nearly identical. What happened to you as a child to make you loath...a font...so much? ;-)

Me think he doth protest to much. Perhaps CaptainMike *secretly* has desires the forbidden font!

Lance
www.thetrekker.org

--------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://www.thetrekker.org

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't we have realised this was a fake when the title named the episode "Hotel Royale" [TNG] when it is "The Royale" [TNG]!?!

[Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never trusted TNGMonitor.. and I never will... I can never forgive it.. for the death of my boy.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
Good. Really good. You got me with that 'screenshot'. Good work.
Do you know what's really interesting? When I watched that episode again, they mentioned the Charybdis' library. A ship of that size has a library (it obviously had a crew of several persons, too). But why the hell do they store a book like that in the library??? I mean, I understand that they don't want to read Goethe or Dante or Rowling, but why this book? [Roll Eyes] Imagine you had to live in such a novel for the rest of your live. Awful.

Well the Botany Bay had Moby Dick, King Lear and the Bible...I suppose genetically engineereed tyrants are more cultured than your average NASA pilot.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love font geeks. Love.

Well, sort of.

capped
Member # 709

I love you too.. sweetie.

Well..

Sort of.

[ June 01, 2002, 01:55: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
I love you too.. sweetie.

Well..

Sort of.

Isn't it romantic? ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
I've never trusted TNGMonitor.. and I never will... I can never forgive it.. for the death of my boy.

LOL

That was just too damn funny.

Lance
www.thetrekker.org

--------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://www.thetrekker.org

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me being able to read Capt. Mike's message with the appropriate font indicates I am a sad, sad individual. I pity myself. [Roll Eyes]
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to put it into word to translate it... don't feel too bad.

Out of strange coincidence the first fonts that appeared when I changed were the trek fonts I have [from the different trek programs like Omnipedia, Encyclopedia, TNG TM, etc].

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you put it in notepad, you don't have to worry about discovering what secret illuminati font Mike used. Not that it's not fun trying to decode that stuff. Like McGyver. But with less bailing wire. Yes.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, too have that font, even thought I don't have a clue which one it is... but did manage to work out something of what was typed! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps