Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Model? in Okuda´s office (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Model? in Okuda´s office
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this pic on Harry´s site:
Model?
Bottom left, is there something connecting two nacelles? Is this a model we haven´t seen?

[ May 30, 2002, 03:49: Message edited by: pIn'a' Sov ]

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The disk just lies on the nacelles IMO. I don't think it's part of the model.

[ May 30, 2002, 03:51: Message edited by: Spike ]

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I think the left end of the disk is bent a bit downward, almost connecting to the nacelle. And the disk is of a perfect length for the space between the nacelles and of the right colour as well. Well, I just dont know [Confused]

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's another ambiguous shippy-looking thing on the table here.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Harry, link doesn´t work. However, found the pic on your site. And I don´t see what you mean, is it the "lamp" on the desk to the left?

As to the model, what is it anyway, one of the Nebula variants? The nacelles placement in regards to the saucer looks a bit weird.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a quick enhancement of that photo. The disk seems to be definitely laying on top. The little shadow-droppy-down part that you see looks like it's a coloration on the nacelle itself. There is a clear edge to the disk that doesn't connect to the nacelle. It may possibly be a stand that comes with most model kits to mount the model on.

The orientation of the nacelles to the saucer is a bit hinky. My guess is that it's either two different models or the parts simply aren't connected yet. But they are definitely Galaxy class or Nebbie parts.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could they be part of the Galaxy model in front of Okuda? (you can see a saucer at the lower edge of the picture, next to the nacelles-thing)

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Ferg
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole thing could be that 4-nacelled Nebula model, with a weird disc thing just sitting on the upper nacelles.
IP: Logged
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It *is* the 4-nacelled Nebbie. You can see the saucer right in front of it! I'm guessing this is the model that was sitting is Sisko's office (and/or Riker's ready room in "Future Imperfect").

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that is definatly the Melbourne. The second one, without the damage, so it'd be the one on Riker/Sisko's desk, as Mark said.

As for Harry's picture, I don't see anything on that table that resembles a ship.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Starship Freak
Member # 293

So, is this the clearest shot we get from the dvd or is there a better view?

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't get Harry's pic. How does one navigate to it?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here it is... In this candid shot of Okuda on the Paramount lot, i think i can see the registry on one of the Phase two Enterprises in the second window to the left, which should be Rick Sternbach's office according to my map of the stages.
 -

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! Are you sure? [Smile]

Back to the model in front of Okuda, I tried drawing the rest of the model to see if it could be possible. And - yes, it is. One thing I don't understand: After 'Future Imperfect', the model was modified to represent the Nebula in Sisko's office. But this is still the four-nacelled version. When did they tape that interview?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
judging by all TNG shit laying around, during the filming of the TNG. that planet, i believe, never got used in any of the other series. However, the saurian brandy bottle would probably be traced to the construction of the quarks bar set in 93 for DS9. so after the premeire of DS9 but before the Sisko's office appearance of the Melbourne (um.. but there were SEVERAL melbournes, anyway so thats not conclusive....)

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.