Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Model? in Okuda�s office (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Model? in Okuda�s office
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Or a mounting point for the (now missing) dish module...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the real question here is... Why do Okuda and Sternbach have the same GLASSES!! ;o)

And is that an E-D model infront of the Jupiter model?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best "stay out sign" ever.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the thingie is on the mini-nacelles in the first image because the Melbourne model was pretending to be the Phoenix in the ready room (or somewhere similar) in...uh...the TNG episode with the Phoenix. (Man, I remember when I could remember all the TNG episode titles.)

[ June 18, 2002, 23:30: Message edited by: Aethelwer ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Wounded". Even I remember that one, and it's one of the ones I know I've seen, but that I don't actually remember seeing anymore.

Then again, maybe that's why I remember the name...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I was fifteen, i once recited all the entire run of episode titles from the original series, animated series and next generation in order, with episode numbers.

apparently my memory was worth a damn back then. but why the hell did i spend my youth memorizing Star Trek episode titles? and how did i forget?

oh well.

yeah, it was 'the wounded' episode 86, fourth season. first appearance of the cardassians, the galor-class warship and the nebula class starship. guest starred marc alaimo as gul macet, before he later went on to play dukat. marco rodriguez played glinn telle, and he previously played captain paul rice in 'the arsenal of freedom'

that was all off the top of my head. i am proud worship me.. worship

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is the problem with them making ANOTHER new series - Enterprise. As I mentioned before it came out... Why not just leave Trek alone for a few years. There are just SO many episodes out there of TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager that I'm sure next to nobody has seen or can remember clearly seeing all the episodes at least ONCE let alone twice.

I'm still to fill in some TOS and TAS gaps.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That doesn't seem to hold water...

"What, another new book? I haven't even begun to get through the stuff at the library. Can't writers just stop writing until I'm done?"

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
first appearance of the cardassians, the galor-class warship and the nebula class starship.
Technically the Nebula-class first appeared in "BoBW II".

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Incidently, you make video games! I realize that's somewhat offtopic, but...you make video games!

Yeah, I do...well, used to. These days I've been making cell phone games.

The DS9 game was always a disappointment to me because the game got so radically changed from what I intended. The Saratoga level is the only one that really reflects the play mechanics I had in mind, and the level as seen was only about half what it was supposed to be. The perks of working on the game were I got the show bible and the first six scripts a month-plus before the first episode aired. When I'd visit Playmates toys (the game's publisher) I got to see all their prototype Trek toys plus actual props they'd borrowed from the show to model. Plus I got Rick Sternback to send me copies of the large plans done for the station and the soundstage plans. Unfortunately, all that stayed with the development house and is lost in Budapest somewhere. *sigh*

This all vaguely relates to the topic in a weird sort of way. I met Mike Okuda when I was on the Paramount lot (hence the earlier details about art dept.). And, because I had Mike's number I was able to call Rick Sternback when I was on the DS9 project and thus was able to beg for the aforementioned reference materials. And, year or so later, it was via Rick that I met Andy Probert. I was working on an underwater sci-fi game and wanted to hire him to design the human made technology...I asked Rick about Andy and he put us in touch. The project never came to fruition, but that's how I got to be pals with Andy.

Then there was the time I talked to Greg Jein and he told me of a very naughty joke he wanted to play in a Trek effects shot...but that's another story...

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fuck the nebula in BOBW!

my memory is based on what i could see, and see a nebula i could not...

people who pay more attention to the behind the scenes stuff as opposed to what is actually in front of them deserve to be as confused as they are!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
my memory is based on what i could see, and see a nebula i could not...

***Yodaspeak at it's finest*** [Big Grin]

Any DVDcaps from TNG season 2 showing scenes from the "Behind-the-scenes" tour with the propmaster?

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need to get so excited, Captain.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Mr. Galactopedia-san.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps