Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Opinions: Should Daedalus Appear? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Opinions: Should Daedalus Appear?
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question is whether the Daedalus Class should appear in Enterprise.

Pros, Cons, and General Info:

1. Needed Class-filling: The NX Class gives the appearance of being more advanced than what we have seen of the Daedalus Class, especially in reference to the hull geometry for warp-driven ships. The Daedalus would be a prime candidate for a slower, older ship type, since we know Starfleet has older, slower vessels.

2. Sentimental: We might get to learn more about some of the ships lost in the past whose fate wasn't known until TOS or TNG.

3. Continuity, Dammit: While we don't know quite when the Daedalus entered service, we know the last one left the service in 2196. We also know that the Essex was in service in 2167. The only problem would be the registries, such as NCC-173 for the Essex, but one could always say that was a late-model Daedalus.

On a slightly different topic . . . now that we know about the NX Class, what do you think about the conjectural assignment of the Horizon and Archon as Daedalus Class ships?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, since technically we've never seen one...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damnit, I forgot to make my cunning joke!

Should Daedalus appear? Obviously, yes. If he hadn't, I'd never have gotten out of MJ12 custody.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if Enterprise lasts for at least 15 seasons or a season is longer than a year....

I've long held the Daedalus as the first Federation design [whether it was entirely built by humans or not is not an issue. With or without alien influence, I simply believe that the ship was the first to be built under Federation authority (however it would be extremely nice if there were some advances through cooperation in this design)].

BTW, where are the Bolians?

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
BTW, where are the Bolians?

Barber shops, mostly.

If they show the Daedalus, I do hope they have her flying circles around the NX-01.

[ June 26, 2002, 01:02: Message edited by: David Templar ]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Opinions: Should Daedalus Appear?"

Opinions: No!

Motiva�ion? It's fuck-ugly and crude!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thought exactly, Honorable Templar Pimp. If at all, it should be outfitted with some sort of experimental weapon or sensor, just enough to outpiss those Klingens.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

They could be old ships of Earth or Earth and another planet that got commissioned in Starfleet at different times, hence NCC-173.

IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SIMON....IS.......MAGNIFICENT!!
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
what we have seen of the Daedalus Class
Nope, we've just seen a design that could be a Daedalus. Unless there is an obscure okudagram about this, we don't have a canon design for the Daedalus class (although the Horizon's registry was pretty close to the Essex's).

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO,

why

I want 'enterprise' to last at max 3 seasons.
I want one of these senarios to happen.
1. Enterprise blows up.
2. Crew dies one by one over the season.
3. Start a war, (ie romular war)

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. The more TOS in Enterprise, the better.

[ June 26, 2002, 11:26: Message edited by: Boris ]

The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think a Daedalus class ship should show up and accidentally run over the Enterprise. The captain of the Daedalus would look over his shoulder, shrug, and say "whoops". that would be pretty rad.
IP: Logged
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Nope, we've just seen a design that could be a Daedalus. Unless there is an obscure okudagram about this, we don't have a canon design for the Daedalus class (although the Horizon's registry was pretty close to the Essex's).

[Roll Eyes]

Why do you say this, Spikey? It's so incredibly ridiculous. Jein and Okuda built the fucking thing to be the Daedalus. To say it's not, just because it's never been said explicitly onscreen, is just ignoring the facts and is really pig-headed of you.

Wow. I just blasted Spikey. I'm sorry. [Frown]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ June 26, 2002, 13:02: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you get blasted all the time Mighty "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope: Special Edition" Monkey of Mim. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps