Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Centaur NCC-42043 Pic up NOW!!!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: USS Centaur NCC-42043 Pic up NOW!!!!!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and the article answers the question of shuttlebay or deflector or what have you. It is a WALL for the bridge to HIDE BEHIND. This is the most brilliant thing said since ever.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, those pics make it look really good. It doesn't seem so kitbashy even. [Smile]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Mark what do you have to add now? And where's Mojo with his words?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure I like this new CG model. It looks nice and all, but there's heck of a lot of liberties been taken with the original model. I like that the Miranda bridge was removed but some of the other changes seem excessive or unnecessary.

Is it just me or are the nacelles too short and thin compared with the saucer size?

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few things...

THIS SUCKS MAJOR ARSE!

Why? Cause it shouldn't be in this fekking crappy magazines, it should be in MOJO's BOOK... we need to start a campaign!!

Oh, and it still doesn't clear up the question as to what was REALLY the name of the model? It doesn't say Centaur.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and if we take the red squares as torpedo bays, then they are going to be some FRIKKIN' large torpedoes, going by the bridge size - to size the relative size of humans.

They'd (at least the aft ones) would work as shuttle bays.

Or what about the two cyan coloured panels below the main impulse engines?

Andrew

P.S. The fact files suck... "This is the Centaur, it is a starship, it has nacelles and a saucer with impulse engines" Yeah, thanks for that.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm not sure I like this new CG model. It looks nice and all, but there's heck of a lot of liberties been taken with the original model.
I second that. And I don't like CGI-'schematics'. I prefered the ship-drawings they used in the beginning.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... Where'd the windows go?
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, can we say this is the official Centaur now? And the other *thing* was a kitbash of the 'Centaur-class' done for the war? Something like that?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't bother me that libterties were taken. The original model looked like ass. Since all the DS9 kitbashes seemed to have been done in a hurry, I doubt if any of them "really" looked like the original models. This revised Centaur is perfect.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
OK, can we say this is the official Centaur now? And the other *thing* was a kitbash of the 'Centaur-class' done for the war? Something like that?

Why don't you try to draw it as the pictures show it? I think with better painting the original kitbash doesn't look that bad.

BTW: Any news about the missing kitbash-pictures?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:

Why don't you try to draw it as the pictures show it? I think with better painting the original kitbash doesn't look that bad.

BTW: Any news about the missing kitbash-pictures?

Actually, I was thinking about that. Doing a comparison between the two maybe.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the scans!

Glad that most flaws of the kitbash were fixed - except for one: There should be a deflector dish instead of the two forward launchers. A bit more work to make the launcher look less like on the Miranda would have suited the CGI well - just like the nacelles were modified too.

The text, especially the idiotic remark abouth protecting the bridge - well, I never take too seriously what they are writing the Magazine.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
grr.. they mentioned the miranda. the miranda obviously has nothing to do with this ship

st mag suxx!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the "deflector" launched torpedos during the epsiode... My rationalization with this model is that it's the "pristine" version of the class. The pics and ship seen in "A Time to Stand" represent a beat up, jerry-rigged version of what the ship ought to look like. They had been in constant combat from three months by this point - some of the ships are bound not to have that assembly-line look anymore.

More to come - gotta wait to hear back from Mojo.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps