Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Rhode Island NCC-72701 Pics Now Up!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rhode Island NCC-72701 Pics Now Up!!!
Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here they are from the Fact Files (US Ed.)
http://240sxs14.nissanpower.com/Rhode%20Island/Rhode1.jpg
http://240sxs14.nissanpower.com/Rhode%20Island/Rhode2.jpg
http://240sxs14.nissanpower.com/Rhode%20Island/Rhode3.jpg
http://240sxs14.nissanpower.com/Rhode%20Island/words.jpg
http://240sxs14.nissanpower.com/Rhode%20Island/words2.jpg

all thats left for schematics in this issue is the Tsunkatse Ship from voyager ill put them tonight

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By "Fact Files (US Edition)," I presume you're referring to Star Trek: The Magazine?

I'd guess this is a long-standing problem, but just how stupid to those artists think we are? Rather than pointing out such blatantly obvious features as "warp nacelle pylon" or "ventral phaser emitter," d'ya think they could tell us some USEFUL information for a change?

*sigh*

Thanks for the scans, Christopher!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, sure the labels are silly. No one argues about that. But, I mean, the magazine presents us with loads of pictures of neat things. So the package as a total is a mixed bag. But I can accept that. Most things are, really.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argh! Rant coming up!

If you are going to use fancy computer models for your schematics (and this is fine, as they are pretty), for the love of me, forget about the dynamic lighting! Half the ship is totally black. I mean, what's the point? We're buying it to see what the heck the ship looks like. I don't care what it looks like with a single light source. Just show me the ship. Please!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, being kept in the dark and all.....

If I had the the time I would look at more than 1/3 of the pics... but, since I am to lazy to rewire the house phone I am letting my speed degrade... and my ISP really can't afford that....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Gerard Gillan
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try these pic at my site. It might eleavate some of that stress you are having about the Nova Class Ship. Nova/Rhode Island pic's blueprints

I hope my pic's will meet with your aproval.

Gerard - Gilso

IP: Logged
Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did you copy those yourself or did you make them out of mine? cause if you made them out of my scans you did a damn good job [Smile]

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He got them from the FF months before you could get a hold of them. They've been around for awhile. I was just hoping the ST:Mag had something a little different or something extra. Which doesn't seem to be the case.

I remember when we first had access to them, we had a discussion about the differences between the RI and the Equinox.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Akira
Member # 850

i see [Smile] i must have missed that one

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same gripe about the magazine, which is the very reason I stopped bying it. When it first came out, I was hoping there would be lots of inside info about the creation of the ships, what all the little greebles and doors were, etc. Now, on occasion, we've gotten some of that. I remember there was a breakdown of all the cool little things on the Intrepid, and we've gotten some neat things on the NX-Class. But, by and large, it's been stuff that anyone who pays attention can figure out.

What would make these pictures of the Nova class cool is some behind the scenes stuff from the designers that explain some of the thought process that went into designing the ship. The don't seem to get that detailed, though, which is kind of sad because it's a darn fine looking publication.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the only reason there was such detailed information about the Intrepid is because it was taken from Sternbach's notes for the never-to-be-seen VOYTM. So, in reality, the magazine info was still a rip-off, compared to what should have been.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Er...Sternbach wrote the article in question. How else was he supposed to write it? Take it from someone else's notes?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not "rip-off" in the sense of plagiarism. "Rip-off" in the sense that we were given less than we should have gotten.
Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
What would make these pictures of the Nova class cool is some behind the scenes stuff from the designers that explain some of the thought process that went into designing the ship. The don't seem to get that detailed, though, which is kind of sad because it's a darn fine looking publication.

They did, about two years ago with the Equinox CGI model. Although I do agree, many of the "Designing of" articles are often painfully short and the briefings on ships somewhat thin. But since I personally buy it just for the pretty pictures, as long as they keep printing good-quality reference photos and diagrams on durable glossy paper, I'm happy. [Smile]
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

"Deserve"?

"But they've given you hundreds of hours of free entertainment."

"Worst. Episode. Ever."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps