Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Yridian Ship (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Yridian Ship
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's exactly the picture I was thinking of earlier!

Looking at it, the mid-hull "wing" structures kinda remind me of a White Star, for some reason. Weird, I know...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since the Yridians have so far made their reputations as dealers of illicit information, it's not hard to see how they could drop off the face of the galaxy for a time. Maybe they're like the Hirogen: no homeworld, just wanderers.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they fed out dis-information about their race.
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't anyone going to welcome me back?

Did no one miss me?

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, welcome back?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We must stay ON-TOPIC

If we welcomed you back, it would not be talking about an YRIDIAN SHIP, now would it?!

HA HA you astound me..

(BTW.. you were gone?)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Equinox" suggested that Captain Randsom made first contact with the Yridians. I'm not sure why that raises your bile while Picard meeting the Ferengi for the first time ever is somehow beloved fact.
Yeah, and Chakotay was said to have made first contact with the Tarchannens, although we know that Geordi's experiences with them were not very pleasant...

The difference to the Ferengi issue is that we have *seen* Picard first meeting them, and it was *definite* that he had met the same folks years ago at Maxia, and we have also *seen* Archer making first contact with them. That's nothing like the two casual (albeit incredibly stupid) side notes from Voyager.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I really wanted to stay in topic. It's strange that the Yridian ship was not in the Fact Files yet (at least not that I know of). Could it be that the ship was forgotten because the model has been heavily modified since its appearance in "The Chase"?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would mean the ship became a DS9 model of some sort. But the prominent DS9 ships don't have components that could come from the Yridian ship.

Perhaps some less often seen ship? Or something from early Voyager? But the Yridian ship looked very detailed and intricate, so I'd have thought it or its components would have been used proudly on the foreground. Browsing through the usual reference sites, here's nothing with the teardrop-shaped primary hull or the forward-swept X-wings, or the odd stern hemisphere. At most, the mid-hull could have been reused somewhere, but why?

Timo Saloniemi

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Either modified - or maybe, lost.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, thanks Capped In Mic - glad you all noticed my absense - I feel so unloved & unwanted.

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you back AGAIN?
you left for a while again cuz i dont remember writing that so recently.

welcome back or something like that then.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps