Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New Images of the Niagara, Freedom, and New Orleans (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: New Images of the Niagara, Freedom, and New Orleans
Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
I do believe it's this shot Bernd has at EAS from "Star Trek Mechanics 4" that you're thinking of. But yes, there's absolutely no shadowing, thus making it seemingly flush up against the hull.

Hmm... odd. The model is obviously in the same place in both the Mechanics pic and the interview, as evidenced by the TNG poster in the background and the rubber band hanger. The interview was taped in August 1991, so assuming the pic is older, the pod probably popped out at some point after filming was finished on BOBW. It should actually be flush, like you said.
Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
The pic from Bernd's site seemingly shows the model hung in the same place and orientation as the new screencaps...

Actually, there didn't seem to be any orientation per se, since the model was bouncing up and down and twirling from the ceiling in the footage. [Smile] Not hard to see how something could jostle loose.
Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when are you going to post the graveyard scene ?

like some zoom pics and some screencaps?

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

quote:
Originally posted by Akira62497:
when are you going to post the graveyard scene ?

like some zoom pics and some screencaps?

Does anybody want them? (I'm probably opening a Pandora's box here.) [Big Grin]

I'm not sure if they'd be of any better quality, though, since my capture software is so crappy...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As someone once said, the damage doesn't look as bad from out here. Aside from losing anyone working in the far aft sections of the secondary hull, and some hits to the dorsal surface of the saucer, it looks like the Kyushu could be harboring quite a few survivors. (Barring things invisible and nasty, like, say, radiation from that exploded nacelle. Ouch.)
Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE GIVE ME [Smile]

id be so so happy
anytime now im waiting [Smile]

Hurry up i want to see them NOW

if you could jut take some really big pics id be happy [Smile] any zooms would be nice if you could do that

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hmm, come to think of it, it may not be so conclusive after all...
I think you'll find that particular photo has been airbrushed so it's nearly impossible to tell if the pod is blended or seperated.
Personally I have no problem with the pod being able to extend and retract like that, for all we know it could be a function of...whatever the those pods are.

quote:
As someone once said, the damage doesn't look as bad from out here. Aside from losing anyone working in the far aft sections of the secondary hull, and some hits to the dorsal surface of the saucer, it looks like the Kyushu could be harboring quite a few survivors. (Barring things invisible and nasty, like, say, radiation from that exploded nacelle. Ouch.)
Or the crew could have been beamed aboard the cube and assimilated. You're right though, it is in pretty good nick, maybe even repairable.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, that "ST Mechanics" picture seems to have very little shadowing of any sort anywhere, so I'm not sure that it's conclusive, either.

That said, my belief has been reaffirmed that the New Orleans looks completely bad-ass from any angle except a profile schematic view. :-)

[ September 08, 2002, 11:11: Message edited by: TSN ]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
2) I don't think the ventral pod is supposed to be extended like that. Think about it: that's the
perfect place to put the mounting rod for filming. But the pod's in the way. So...pull off the pod &
put it on a pole of sorts so that when it's replaced, it can simply slide into the mounting hole. In
these shots, it looks as if it's been falling out. Of course, for show reasons, we could say that it's
the mounting trunk for the pod, created for simple & easy swapability like the bridge units.

Trek ships - especially the smaller ones, were mounted upside-down.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USSMillennium74754:

Great new pics! I'm especially pleased with the New Orleans which simply looks great from the various angles.

May I use the new images at EAS?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Trek ships - especially the smaller ones, were mounted upside-down.

On average. There were always various mounting points. Plus, didn't we see Kyushu, Princeton, & a couple others dorsally only? That would require a ventral mount.

One wonders if the model is still on Se�or Okuda's ceiling. If so, it may merely be a simple task of popping off a note & saying, "Hey Mike? Is that pod supposed to be out like that?"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

Bernd:

quote:
Originally posted by USSMillennium74754:
If you want to repost them on a website or something, permission is granted. All I ask is a credit via a URL.

[Wink] [Big Grin]

Anyway, I'll try and cap some of the graveyard scene based on the common angles seen at EAS, Copernicus, and Starship Class. Give me a few days, though. I wanna play around and see if I can get better quality.

I'm also growing quite fond of the New Orleans--yet another reason it sucks that Unseen Frontier was canned.

Akira
Member # 850

u could post some low res till than [Wink]

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whining gets you smacked.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Akira
Member # 850

i was not. thats just my way of trying :-P j/k

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.