Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New Images of the Niagara, Freedom, and New Orleans (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: New Images of the Niagara, Freedom, and New Orleans
Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... did a few test caps, and I don't know if they're that much better than anything we have right now. Here's a quick comparison between the new ones and Chris Spinnler's from Copernicus Ship Yards.

http://home.att.net/~starships/centaur/index.html

Yes, they are a little bigger and clearer, but it doesn't seem as if there's much we haven't found before. The only thing new I noticed was in the last pic: to the upper left of the 1701-D's saucer, that previously indistinct glob of debris seems to look a little like one of the Enterprise Phase II study models. Thoughts?

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, good 'caps, Millennium. About the ship in question that you think is one of the Excelsior study models...I always thought it was another view (top) of the Chekov. The upper pod above the engineering hull is highlited like in the previous shot of it on the viewscreen.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff, very interesting - and thrilling to see the Kyushu in such detail. It's also very intriguing to see the scale of the Freedom saucer, much larger than anticipated. We'd have to say that this is quite a large ship, on a par with the Niagara. And after being about 99% sure the Niagara saucer was elliptical, it has now been 100% confirmed.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The only thing new I noticed was in the last pic: to the upper left of the 1701-D's saucer, that previously indistinct glob of debris seems to look a little like one of the Enterprise Phase II study models. Thoughts?
I honestly can't see that...however I think we do have a good picture of the Ahwahnee, on the second and third pics, top right corner.
It definatly isn't the 4 nacelled excelsior study.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that you mention it, I can see the Cheyenne resemblence. The lower nacelles are really visible.

What about that ship to the right and above of the Enterprise-A saucer in the second pic? It definitely seems more like the sleek Excelsior study model rather than the Springfield. Of course, it could be at a weird angle, too.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I have to agree about the Cheyenne. In the second pic, you can almost see the red stripe around the upper port nacelle.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Wow, good 'caps, Millennium. About the ship in question that you think is one of the Excelsior study models...I always thought it was another view (top) of the Chekov. The upper pod above the engineering hull is highlited like in the previous shot of it on the viewscreen.

If you mean the one that's below the Enterprise-D in the fourth, fifth, and sixth pics, that's the Challenger-class U.S.S. Buran.

quote:
Originally posted by USSMillennium74754:
What about that ship to the right and above of the Enterprise-A saucer in the second pic?

-

This one? The Springfield-class U.S.S. Chekov.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There.

Is.

No.

Enterprise.

Class.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when does the redemption episode with the grave yeard come out?

BTW i love the picsnow if we can zoom on them to get a better screencap [Smile]

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

quote:
Originally posted by Snay:
There.

Is.

No.

Enterprise.

Class.

Yes.

There.

Is.

[Big Grin]

"Unification, Parts I and II" will be released with Season 5 on November 5. You're welcome to try and enhance/blow these caps up... but they're already zoomed in as far as it'll go without pixelation becoming a problem.

[ September 08, 2002, 21:06: Message edited by: Starship Millennium ]

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff! Thanks a million to SS Millennium!

Yeah, the Firebrand is a big mother all right. And the view (and the nacelle) is definitely ventral, judging by the orientation of the registry. The neck ain't from any Constitution model kit - something out of the Constellation mold sounds quite possible. If this was our last best hope to get more detail, we still lucked out on the bridge superstructure specifics... And the doohickey below the nacelle could be a deflector or a shuttlebay or even a dropship instead of a torp launcher, but there's no way to tell from these pics.

It's a bit surprising that the Kyushu has no shuttlebay. There's nothing between the upper pods, nor on the spine or in the stern. Then again, I've always been the advocate of mission-specific designs and gear: not all missions require a shuttlebay, and the Kyushu apparently isn't tasked with exploring transporter-impermeable planets...

Agreed 100% that the four-naceller is the Ahwahnee and not the Excelsior study model. And the Chekov seems to be the Chekov, too. With the dorsal pod and without the ventral one.

Timo Saloniemi

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, personally, would not set foot on a ship with no auxillary craft.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Which is I like to believe that SOME sort of shuttlebay was on the dorsal aft of the secondary hull, which was conveniently blown up on the Kyushu. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, me too, really. That would also make the ship nicely different from the E-D it otherwise resembles. A stern shuttlebay is characteristic of older ships, and this *is* a predecessor of sorts to the Galaxy class.

One wonders. The former E-D torp launcher doesn't look too much like a torp launcher in this reduced scale - the paint job doesn't suggest any sort of an opening there. The pods thus look more and more like torp launchers. Would they have blackened ("muzzle") aft ends, too?

A cute detail: the former windows in the ten-forward location are apparently transformed into an auxiliary deflector of sorts by application of gold paint. So the former aux.deflector on the saucer underside could in turn be a row of windows on this ship... Custom stuff like that sets Miarecki's ships well apart from the unimaginative Constitution-bashes of the eighties.

Timo Saloniemi

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what happened to the ship that suposed to have there exscape pods launched i remember reading this in a book but i dont remember witch one

so were are those models at? (might have been in the TNG tech manual or the companion)

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps