Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$ The Tech Shockwave Returns! ["Shockwave Part II" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$$ The Tech Shockwave Returns! ["Shockwave Part II" Spoilers]
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
T'Pol's pants are suddenly those low-cut hiphangers that've come into style in the past couple of years. They serve to show even MORE of her. Le sigh...The Suliban interrogate T'Pol. It's nice to see that while they left Klaang fully clothed, they felt the need to strip T'Pol to her undies to do exactly what they did to the Klingon...Hoshi crawls through some air ducts at one point on the way to losing her top (why was she wearing civvies that can conveniently fall off, anyway? It's not like they're any more form-fitting than her uniform).
Okay, this is just stupid. Although I like seeing beautiful women in revealing outfits just as much as the next guy, I'm really not interested in seeing that on Star Trek. At this rate, by the final season T'Pol's uniform will consist of a tank-top and thong. And I really have to wonder just how much Linda Park actually enjoyed her topless scene. Very little, I suspect. And why did she go to Reed's quarters? She couldn't go to her own quarters to get a shirt, which was only one deck below?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Vorlon:
Yeah! Looks like the education system will FINALLY get increased funding in 1000 years!

You mean they finally fixed a broken system--- money can't make crap something besides crap.

On topic: It sounds like half of the episode is going to be full of needless nudity or semi-nudity. Why? The other half of the episode sounds like it is going to be filled with overly incredibly deus ex machine plot lines [building a time portal device from spare parts type thing]. Why?

The only interesting part to me from the spoiler seems to be where Archer finds that Romulan book... and that's only because of the irony of it.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a min. is there nudity or partial ? IF so wow. and linda park of all hell yeah lol.

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure there was a very good reason plot-wise for Miss Park to walk around naked... ahem.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahh thats all we get lol that sucks [Razz]

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Oh yeah - at the begining of the show, Reed orders security teams to docking ports 1-3. Where's the third?

Although this is a fan-made wallpaper, it nicely shows the aft docking port, which I assume would be #3. Plus it looks really cool.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris, Star Trek will push the boundary of sexual content, but will never cross over into that content.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my book of attractive females, you will not find Linda Parks there. She is too thin and her proportions are wrong.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for sharing. this isnt a 'rate the babes' site though. anywho...

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan McReynolds:
a fan-made wallpaper, it nicely shows the aft docking port, which I assume would be #3.

quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Star Trek will push the boundary of sexual content, but will never cross over into that content.

These posts look really wrong next to each other... although, in the wrong context in my head, the aft docking port would definitely be #2..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The D'Ykr-was her class identified?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so everyone skips over my commentary... [Wink]

People gripe over T'Pol and Hoshi showing some skin. Do you people forget about all the attractive women in TOS? All the skin they showed (a lot for the 60's, I'd imagine)? How many women Kirk banged? Seems to me that Enterprise is returning to this trend. For all we know, Gene was a dirty old horndog that wanted to see lots of women in revealing clothing. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half of this thread belongs in the neglicted ENT forum. We really should only be nitpicking the fact that NX-01 went from punny torpedoes and plasma arty to firing phase(r) cannons at warp here. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: the Suliban communications/transporter(?) pad...

I'm guessing that FutureGuy doesn't want to actually risk traveling back in time whenever he needs to send instructions, and instead just uses communications. It's more convenient.

Of course, that doesn't explain why it could double as a transporter pad for Archer. And is Daniels now stuck in a desolate 31st century on his own?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Mark Nguyen pointed this out, but it bears repeating. There could potentially be something very significant about the fact that FutureGuy was wiped out along with the Federation when Archer was removed.

This indicates several possibilities, among them:
a) FutureGuy can only exist if the Federation exists...curious
b) FutureGuy is someone that will be saved or created by Archer
c) FutureGuy is Archer

*shrug*

quote:
Originally posted by newark:
In my book of attractive females, you will not find Linda Parks there. She is too thin and her proportions are wrong.

I imagine that you would need rather thin females to fit in a book in the first place. But jokes aside, Linda Parks is probably right there in the lower range of the BMI, especially when you consider the fact that Asians on average have less trunk space than Americans. Either your perspective has been skewed by the fact that a large majority of North Americans are either overweight or obese.....or because she doesn't have inflatable breasts.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:

I'm guessing that FutureGuy doesn't want to actually risk traveling back in time whenever he needs to send instructions, and instead just uses communications. It's more convenient.

Actually, Daniels states at one point that people three centuries ago (28th century? assuming he's from the 31st) can't travel back in time....but can send messages back.

This was a odd anyways, considering that Kirk was doing time travel back in the 23rd century. *shrug*

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps