Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$ The Tech Shockwave Returns! ["Shockwave Part II" Spoilers] (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$$ The Tech Shockwave Returns! ["Shockwave Part II" Spoilers]
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What "the fuck" business is it of a(ny) university to formally impose wearing bras on its students?
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do many restaurants say "No shirt, no service"?
Same general idea

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Methinks this thread will be locked down in short order unless SOMEONE can find something relevatnt to discuss...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What "the fuck" business is it of a(ny) university to formally impose wearing bras on its students?
Too many old men in the university administrations were suffering catastrophic cranial failure. All those luscious bouncy tits jiggling around caused a reroute of blood supply from the primary control center to the secondary control center.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what school do you go to, Omega?
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A college w/ a dress code? Moreover, w/ an underwear dress code?

Maybe he still is homeschooled and just isn't telling us...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love good ol' UNB. No dress code that I'm aware of... [Smile]

However, I think you have to wear something.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://lipscomb.edu

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

I know quite a few women who hate bras, and don't wear them (it's obvious in the always cold east wing of Linthicum Hall [Big Grin] ). And how can they be blamed? They're uncomfortable. Were I of the female persuasion, I wouldn't wear one either.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... And you'd regret it muchly when you turn 40 and your boobs keep bumping into your feet... =]

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is "bra" related to "'fuck'"?
For a sizable majority of the population, I'd say yes.

Anyway, as I recall, Reed was worried that firing the phase cannons would somehow destabilize the warp field, but he didn't say that it was a physical impossibility. They didn't seem to have time to go about correcting the problem, though.

And, personally, I think it should be impossible. Yes, ok, so everyone and their brother could fire energy beams at warp in TOS, sure. But that doesn't mean it makes much sense. I'm willing to except it as being possible with some fancy "jacketed subspace annular confinement doodad" combined with being close enough to "synch the warp field cosine yadda and so on" (thus conveniently explaining why everyone gets so close). But, you know, this is supposed to be the past and all.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps