Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Hmm . . . Type 7? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hmm . . . Type 7?
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starship Freak:
You know, we�ve already had this discussion actually and already concluded that it was a variant. Check out my page from more screengrabs, these are at least a year old, I forget.

Federation shuttles

1. Damn, there goes my thunder. [Wink]

1a. Here's a closer sort of type-7: http://www.stguardian.to/fed/shuttlemix/newshuttlemodel.jpg

2. Oh, god, I'd forgotten just how bad it was:
http://www.stguardian.to/fed/shuttlemix/type7sideinbay.jpg

3. Where did those kickass scenes of the Aerowing launching come from?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ There was a feature on the launching of the Aeroshuttle in the fact files a few months ago, it had those four new CGI shots. I hope they cover the shuttle itself some time.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:

Besides, I'd think that the nacelles and the basic curved shape are enough to conclude that it was a Type-7. IMO of course.

If we follow that though, are we suppossed to assume that the Yanktzee Kiang was really a type 6 shuttle when it crashed?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW that foreground nacelle could have landed upside down, explaiing why theres no ripped attachments on the top of the model

still doesnt explain the side of the ship lacking an attachment though

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
If we follow that though, are we suppossed to assume that the Yanktzee Kiang was really a type 6 shuttle when it crashed?

I . . . uh . . . er . . . um . . right, see, that was just a gaffe, since we saw the runabout intact, and knew what she otherwise looked like, and stuff.

Or something. [Smile]

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Capped In Mic:
meh.. needs some continuity fixing, since in 'paradise' [ds9] o'brien mentions that they came in a runabout, and the dude asks 'what's a runabout' and o'brien responds 'its a new kind of ship they came up with two years ago' or something like that.

of course, i find that distasteful since runabouts were mentioned in both a diane carey novel and the fasa rpg. but that's just me.

possibly runabouts had always been around, but o'brien was specifically referring to the danube-class. and the engineer guy in the episode would have to be a moron. which he was.

ok fixed.

1. *sigh* it is INDEED you Cap'n... cause well... 'novel' and 'fasa' are all I have to say.

2. He don't be so hard on that Engineer guy - he was married to Alexis or what-ever her name was. The Psycho woman who kept them on that planet. (She's the same woman who borrowed Elaine's Tennis racquet which was really Mr. Pitt's wasn't it? [Smile] )

3. The markings on that crashed shuttle makes it look PERFECT (and has the right feel) to be an Enterprise-C era shuttle!!

4. The Campbell from "Power Play"?? Named after whom?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.stguardian.to/fed/shuttlemix/intbridgemod.jpg

Just looking at this close up pic of the Intrepid Bridge... you can really see the sets of windows that are in the roof of the Bridge. (Yes the E-D wasn't the only ship to have a window in the bridge. The designers (Richard James) carefully hid the windows up and around that central doohicky - doesn anyone know what those are for.

It's a pity we didn't get to see any light/explosions shine throught the windows as they did on DS9 when there was a Wormwhole PROBLEM - i.e. big flash of light light also came in through the upper windows.

It would have been nice to have seen sunshine come through the windows when the ship was landed... like in "The 37's".

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps