Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Noway class blueprint on Gilso Web site (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Noway class blueprint on Gilso Web site
Gerard Gillan
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AndrewR check your email account I have sent you the Norway blueprint.

Gerard - Gilso

You should stop cracking up now..... :-) [Roll Eyes]

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, what timing! [Smile]

Check my last post - for an update and some comments.

THANKS though!! [Smile]

Just one thing, what is with the grid lines? Where they in the fact files? Can we use this as some sort of sizing?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gilso adds the gridlines to all his schematics as part of his site design (and to make it harder to clip the images [Razz]

you can use them for sizing if you want.. but it wont mean anything

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like this diagram came from the same place all the other FC ship diags did - either re-done from the ones in the Encyclopaedia (like I myself did for UP3), or from at least a common source with it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the image... it's not a blueprint and for that it gets a low grade, it's a color schematic.

Beyond that it looks good, I do have a gripe with the deflector dish, it just doesn't look right too me.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole ventral view bothers me. It makes it look like sections are hanging down, but the side, back and front views all show that the bottom is totally flat. That makes the bottom view seem less official and more made up on the spot.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you'll recall the Steamrunner's underside was much the same, only that had Galaxy-class features instead of Defiant-class.
Remember that these were only meant to be used as background ships and were never meant to hold up to close scrutiny.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Freedom and the Niagra classes were also only background ships - but they didn't do too badly in the scrutiny stakes.

Is there a Steamrunner and Sabre Class colour schematic like the Norway available!?!

Does anyone reckon that this might have been a ship that was a prototype for surfacee landing by starfleet?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought it had a deflector there in the front like the Intrepid. Oh well.

The bottom doesn't seem to be flat, and the blue panels makes you envision a very diff. top paneling scheme altogether.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hapen to like the Norway (it's a hell of alot better than some of the Wolf 359 ships!).
When making my 2500th scale model of the Norway, I added two phaser strips and a partially recessed Quantum Torpedo launcher to the ventral side...as well as some lifeboats!
I also made the Impulse Engine between the outrigger pylons instead of two seperate engines at the aft sides (like my friend from Nova Hobbies did).
From the schematic, I really can't tell where the Impulse engine(s) are! Ideas?

....oh, and I think that screenshot of debris is supposed to be the remains of the Zandura design. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
it's a hell of alot better than some of the Wolf 359 ships!
No, it's not. Detail went into those ships. No detail went into this one.

quote:
....oh, and I think that screenshot of debris is supposed to be the remains of the Zandura design.
No, it's not. John Eaves drew a four-nacelled ship design called the U.S.S. Zandura, along with other designs, which were never made into CGI models. Although the piece of debris doesn't seem to match any known ship designs, it also doesn't match the Zandura drawing. Somebody just heard the name "Zandura" and assumed that the debris came from that ship.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps