Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Excelsior-class screenshots...

Author Topic: Excelsior-class screenshots...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, here goes...

I'm trying to get screencaps of all the Excelsior-class vessels that we've seen, and the ones I still need are the following:

-U.S.S. Cairo from "Chain of Command" (TNG)
-U.S.S. Crazy Horse from "The Pegasus" (TNG)
-U.S.S. Crockett from "Paradise" (DS9)
-U.S.S. Potemkin from "Ethics" (DS9)

I'm also not sure if these actually appeared, or were only mentioned, but if they did I'd like them too:

-U.S.S. Gorkon from "Descent" (TNG)
-U.S.S. Roosevelt from "Unity" (VGR)

And, before people start pointing it out to me:

-I KNOW that many/all of these vessels were represented by stock or recomposited footage from earlier episodes. I still am looking to get caps of them from their episodes.
-I also KNOW that these episodes aren't on DVD as yet. I don't necessarily need really high-quality caps. (Although the higher quality the better.) Caps from any video tape should suffice.

Thanks and much appreciation to any and all who can help,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't recall the Crockett ever being shown.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither was the Roosevelt, except maybe in the stock footage they used in that episode, but that would've really been the Melbourne.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay then, scratch those from the list. I didn't think the Roosevelt had really appeared, and the only reason why I thought the Crockett did was because Steve's page said it did.

But about the Melbourne, I still don't have a cap of her that shows the name and registry, only this one from the Guardian.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are only two stock shots of the Excelsior seen in TNG. One was first seen in "Encounter at Farpoint" as the USS Hood; the other, as the USS Repulse in "The Child". The first one terminates with the Hood peeling off and then the E-D continuing to show the Bandi planet in the background; this scene was truncated for subsequent appearances. I believe the second one is a space-only scene, which is occaisionally used with the E-D element only with a planet in the backgroung. I can't remember offhand, but the Jouret IV may have been visible in the background with both the E-D and the Excelsior Hanson arrived on in BoBW I.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps it would also be interesting to see if anyone has screencaps of the various Excelsior class vessels in DS9, esp. in the war battles. We do know the CGI crews did label the ships for the Valley Forge (when she gets hit and tumbles in that famous shot), the Hood (on a run with the Defiant to destroy the orbital weapons platforms' power installation), and a few others such as the Fredrickson (seen being towed, and later seen in VGR as part of the past at Utopia Planitia).
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that was only when Digital Domain (?) was doing the CGI shots. Foundation Imaging left the names and numbers alone when they didn't need to change anything.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps