Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Britons with Scanons (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Britons with Scanons
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...there's a apparently a size comparison of the Nemesis ships in the current issue of Star Trek Monthly out over there. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to provide.

We really liked the music you gave us, though things have been slipping a bit lately with the whole exported reality TV thing. A pick-me-up would be highly appreciated.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the US, Star Trek Communicator has the size chart for Nemesis. That and the Riker's original wedding photo with Guinan in black shades and Wesley in the duty uniform outfit. It seems as if Young Mr. Crusher joined Starfleet or got a loan for a dress uniform.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A size chart for Nemesis?! Do tell/show.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dax:
A size chart for Nemesis?! Do tell/show.

ok. here it is:
 -

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK.... that's just not right...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, yes, that reminds me...

*off to buy his copy of Star Trek Monthly*

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But they lose points for Samantha Fox....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very helpful, Edipis. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sovereign: 2250' long, 800' wide.
Scimitar: 2920' long, 4430' wide.
Warbird: 1980' long, 2980' wide.

In metric units:

Sovereign: 686m long, 244m wide.
Scimitar: 890m long, 1350m wide.
Warbird: 604m long, 908m wide.

Plus, the Ent-E has been slightly remodelled by Eaves in the process of building the Digital Domain model (he wasn't happy with the ILM model).

BTW, I've known this for about a week, and am still the first one to post the sizes over here. How come?

Boris

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, nuts! I'd just converted all those figures to metric, and found out that Boris went back and edited them in. Damn you! [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what exactly has been changed on the Enterprise?
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope they've gotten rid of that horrible flat edge above the deflector. It looks far better when it's nicely curved in FC. [Smile]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Warbird: 604m long..."

Well, that's a little disappointing...

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume they're referring to the new one.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its not the length of the warbird, its how you use the disruptor.

just remember: protection counts.. put on a cloak.

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.