Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Britons with Scanons (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Britons with Scanons
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too late for Britannia.

Blimey, it's from th' Communicat'r! Cor!

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about the new Warbird... I kinda miss the big, long, heavy looking Warbird from TNG. The old one makes you cringe at the sheer dimentions of it.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The warbird is too wide from the top and too flat from the side. It probably should be even smaller.

Anyway, whats with Eave's designs all looking sort of "breenish"?*gawks at what Scorpion shuttle/fighter could have been*

If anyone didn't get the breenish reference, allot of concept art for the breen, and some sona and dominion looked like that shape.
Even games like Armada capitalized on that design and made it a full fledged breen destroyer.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's get rid of Eaves!! PoW3r +O ^h3 f@Nz!!!

I was just looking at some of those pics - what is with the NEBULAE everywhere all the time!?! This ISN'T Babylon 5.

Insurrection had that great bloody dirty Briar Patch in every background shot - and now cause everything to do with Romulans is GREEN - we've got mossy green webs of gas and dust in the background!

Bah!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I may... what is a "Scanon"!?! [Wink]

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Let's get rid of Eaves!! PoW3r +O ^h3 f@Nz!!!

Am I the only one here who likes Eaves' work? I'm starting to get that impression unfortunately.

Thank you Boris and The_Tom for the info and scan. It's much appreciated.

I'm surprised that the Valdore is that small but it does make better sense given its shape. As Bernd once suggested (joked?), it turns out that the Valdore design would be a good substitute for the massive BoP in "Defector" after all. Not that I like the idea.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First shuttle ever with wings?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wings that come out of it, no less. The Enterprise pod wings fold down.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That hardly seems like a large enough distinction, but I bow to your observational skills in this matter.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Star Trek Monthly scans have been posted in this thread at the TrekBBS.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Aren't there supposed to be refit D'deridexes in this film too? Where are the photos, I demand!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Enterprise pod wings fold down."

Didn't they retract into the pod in last week's episode? I remember particularly noticing that and wondering why I hadn't seen it before.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

You could say the Delta Flyer had wings that moved.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Actually, why the hell does a late 24th century shuttle NEED wings!?! *rolls eyes*

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. i thought they had quit making the windjammer.
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.