Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Britons with Scanons (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Britons with Scanons
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gather that's not Earth - look at the sky. If it's Betazed (I wonder if we'll see any signs from it's occupation by the Dominion!?!

Are they Enterprise crew members or Betazoids - they all seem to have 'black eyes'. And is that that Bajoran instrument that that guy is playing?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that's Earth.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a new uniform for Spike to add to his site. I wonder what the grey dress unis signify. I see rank insignia on the collars, so I don't think it's an enlisted dress uniform. Maybe some kind of special services?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is definately that Bajoran instrument though.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stoopid double post.

[ November 15, 2002, 09:20: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, it's the Entie-E Starlights! Available for weddings, Admiralty receptions and Bajoran funeral dirges!

Those uniforms seem to be unique to them, though... Perhaps a uniform specific to performing people, not unlike what military bands have to wear. One wonders then where these uniforms were during the reception at the beginning of "Insurrection"...

Hey, what about the balding guy at the left of the picture? He looks to be wearing a uniform, but nothing that's familiar...

Mark

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two possibilities occur to me:

1) It's not a uniform, but, rather some kind of civvie formal wear.

2) It's a red-collared version of the musician's uniform. The folds may be slightly distorting the collar making it appear to have not as many stripes is the musicians'.

I'm guessing it's the second option.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really hope they will have the good old warbird too. Otherwise we would have the trouble to explain why they suddenly completely replaced all the big ships in the fleet for something looking like a monster BoP. Oh yes, and regarding the now confirmed size, it would be *perfect* as the real Defector BoP (only that we would have to explain why the Klingons have it too).

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SPOILERS(to be on the safe side)

Here's another new picture from the Hollywood Reporter of the Scimitar, you can see the damage to the Enterprise.

http://talk.trekweb.com/111502a-lg.jpg

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
I really hope they will have the good old warbird too. Otherwise we would have the trouble to explain why they suddenly completely replaced all the big ships in the fleet for something looking like a monster BoP.

That's assuming we see more than just the Valdore itself in Nemesis. I agree with you though. The Valdore-type is striking me as the smaller battlecruiser design that the Romulans always needed to complement, not replace, their kick-ass D'deridex battleship.
quote:
Oh yes, and regarding the now confirmed size, it would be *perfect* as the real Defector BoP (only that we would have to explain why the Klingons have it too).

I think it'd be easier to pretend there was some major optical distortion going on and they're normal Klingon BoP. If anything, that's actually what happened in the reality of the VFX production.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One wonders if Picard bothered to have all his nice neat irreplaceable shit beamed out of his quarters & into a holding bay somewhere before it was all smunched to shit.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

But we dont' know where his qutarters are on the E-E...

Mark

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I think he sleeps on the Bridge, covered in PADDS. [Smile]

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His quarters are bound to be at the front of the saucer somewhere with big windows facing forward. I just hope Guinan manages to escape with her vintage Saurian brandy before Ten Forward is wrecked. [Smile]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Phlox. I would guess that the Captain's quarters would be located at 8-fwd.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.