Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise-D (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Enterprise-D
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starship Millennium:
[Roll Eyes] Y'know how bulldogs are stockier?

stockier than what? making a comparison using a term "stockier" requires two things to compare. bulldogs certainly aren't stockier than, say, pickle barrels.

[ November 14, 2002, 13:26: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stockier than a Chiuaua?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Austin Powers said:
quote:
Speaking of which, has anybody been able to upload the Making-of of Generations somewhere?

I asked about that way back, and some were willing to do it, but somehow it got forgotten along the way.

I have already searched Morpheus, Kazaa, etc. for an avi or mpg, but could not find it anywhere.

Anyone else have it or have any idea how to get it?

I've got this on video, but the problem would be size. Any .avi I captured and compressed would be massive. I can't remember how long the show is, 30 mins, 45... either way it would be far to big to put on my server, and I'd be reluctant to upload it with only a 56K modem. I could make some still captures of the making of the saucer landing sequence though..?

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a pity. Having DSL really makes you forget about file sizes. Some weeks back I downloaded a Red Dwarf episode in mpg (~300 MB). I would never have dreamed about doing that back when I had ISDN.

Anyway, if you could do screencaps of that sequence that would make me very happy already. Cheers in advance, man. [Smile]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
stockier than what? making a comparison using a term "stockier" requires two things to compare. bulldogs certainly aren't stockier than, say, pickle barrels.

Sorry, there I go with my assumptions again... [Smile]

What's this "Making of Generations" special about? I don't remember it... was it similar to that special that aired on HBO for First Contact?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know where it was screened - but I got a copy from the local supermarket/variety store when I bought and episode of either Voyager or DS9. (Season 1 Voyager).

It was just a video cassette in a cardboard slip-cover.

SORRY though - I'd copy it if I could but - second video isn't working great, I don't have a capture card, I only have a 56k modem and the video is in PAL (if I copied on tape - which would disadvantage North Americans (for once the TABLES ARE TURNED!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH!) huh hmm sorry about that [Wink]

Can I ask - how long would it have taken to download a 300mb Red Dwarf episode on cable?

Tanx.

Andrew

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a screening of that tape at the Star Trek Exhibition in Cologne a couple of years back. I came into the room right at the point where they showed the making of the crash-landing sequence - with the truck pulling the saucer across the model of the landscape. Awesome material IMHO. I wonder why they haven't included it on the Generations DVD?? Perhaps on a future Director's Edition I hope...

Oh and Andy, I wouldn't mind PAL at all. I live in Germany, remember? No hard feelings to our NTSC-plagued American friends... [Big Grin]

The 300 MB took me roughly 45 minutes to download. And DSL is not cable, although similar in connection speed.

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, here it is. I've done a capture of the sequence for you. It's short, but webspace is at a premium, it does show though the main crux of the sequence. It is 4.5Mb, avi format, DiVX 5 codec. Get it while you can, it will not be there for long....

Screencap stills of the rest of the documentary are to come.

http://www.trekmania.net/temp/generations_seq1.avi

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Ok, I just downloaded it.

That's great. Thank you so much. Made my day! [Smile]

By the way - that's John Knoll of ILM talking, right?

--------------------

QuinnTV
Member # 859

- posted      Profile for QuinnTV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Phlox:
Was the four foot one the model that got damaged when some guy hung it in his kitchen?

Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I have never heard that story.

This was told by Penny Juday on the supplemental material for the TNG Season 2 DVD set.

Essentially, the model in question (the 6 footer, I think) disappeared from the Paramount archives. Later, it mysteriously made its way back to the lot. It apparently had been loaned out,and was hung in a restaurant kitchen over the grill. Paramount got it back heavily damaged - cracked nacelles and holes drilled in it, as well as a good coating of grease. The model was restored.

The story refers to one of the original ILM models. They do show the 6 foot model in the same show, restored to pristine fashion...but with 1701-E on the top of the saucer.

QuinnTV
Member # 859

- posted      Profile for QuinnTV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
Ok, I just downloaded it.

That's great. Thank you so much. Made my day! [Smile]

By the way - that's John Knoll of ILM talking, right?

That was a great little clip. Thanks for posting it, Red Admiral.

And I think that is John Knoll. Just saw him in the new SW supplements. Weird to see him in two different things in the same week.... and to envy his job both times!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Ah right, thanks for that snippet.

I'll leave that clip there for 24hrs, (till 9pm GMT monday) then I'll be deleting it. So any that want it, now's the time...

--------------------

The ASDB

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by QuinnTV:
Essentially, the model in question (the 6 footer, I think) disappeared from the Paramount archives. Later, it mysteriously made its way back to the lot. It apparently had been loaned out,and was hung in a restaurant kitchen over the grill. Paramount got it back heavily damaged - cracked nacelles and holes drilled in it, as well as a good coating of grease. The model was restored.

[Eek!] [Eek!] What a disgrace to the model! Thank God they got it back...
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Could have been worse - they could have cut the saucer in half and used it as a pan for making Paella!! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I wonder how they got it back!?! Did someone just once go ohh... I wonder if they are looking for that Enterprise Model? Or if they even knew it was from the show!?!?!?!

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps