Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise-D (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Enterprise-D
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
God, I don't know, but my days and nights are filled with restless speculation!!!!!!

Gee a bit more sarcasm for table 9!!

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Phlox:
It could be 1701-D, but the first digit on the left looked like a 7 to me(very blurred though), then a 1 and what could have been a 6, 8 or 9. Then I checked the Trinculo's registry, NCC-71867.

It's too fuzzy to be anywhere near sure, but I'll see if I can get a better cap tomorrow.

Well, it's definitely not NCC-1701-D. But that last digit doesn't look much like a 7, either. Looks more like perhaps the Venture's NCC-71854.

But I want desperately to keep an open mind... [Razz]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

If that's the Venture's registry - I think that's it. Before I scrolled down the page to your post I studied the pic - I got 718(or 9 or 5)5(something a little different or 8 or 9) 4... I couldn't make out the last one - it was wierd and 4 fits perfectly.

I think it's the Venture.

And what happened to it's poor nacelle!?!

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by LET CAPTAIN = MIKE THEN GOSUB 420:
i believe the restaurant in question would have been at the Star Trek Experience, meaning they would have a pretty good idea what they had there.
waitaminnit.. was it labeled Trinculo when they got it back?

Well the description sounded like it was in some Chinese take-away on Melrose Avenue! [Smile]

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the best cap I could get.

http://www.zeetec.net/host/phlox//PDVD_135.JPG

Still blurry. [Razz]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the pics I promised. Hopefully this will settle the issue of the Odyssey being labeled as such on top of the miniature. The guys you can sort of see in the background had paintbrushes and appeared to be dusting off the model before filming.

USS Odyssey 1

USS Odyssey 2

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Phlox:
This is the best cap I could get.

Going by the look and detail (especially the arboretum windows), it's definitely the 4 footer. And now we know what happened to it after it appeared as the Venture. I wasn't sure which miniature it was when watching the DVD but the screen caps have been a great help.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But didn't the four footer get dreadnaughtified around then?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It definitely has the Venture's reg, but then why doesn't it have the raised phaser strips on the nacelles?

What was the Trinculo, I keep forgetting, the 4-footer or the 6-footer? AND WHY DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE A BLOODY PIC? How can there be pictures that existed, but NO ONE can find a solitary one...ANYWHERE?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple. The picture didn't exist in the first place.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Venture, appearing in "WotW" (after "All Good Things"), only had the extra phaser strips on each nacelle top surface. It's reasonable to assume that the dreadnaught parts can be removed without too much trouble.

As for the Trinculo, did that ship ever actually exist in any form or is it just hear say?

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dax:
The Venture, appearing in "WotW" (after "All Good Things"), only had the extra phaser strips on each nacelle top surface. It's reasonable to assume that the dreadnaught parts can be removed without too much trouble.

As for the Trinculo, did that ship ever actually exist in any form or is it just hear say?

I am told by a number of individuals who I consider to be reasonably reliable sources. (Including some fellow Flare posters) that it did in fact exist and that there were (emphasis on were, in the past tense) pics floating around the internet. Don't ask me what happened to them all, it beats me. [Frown] Unfortunately, unless someone miraculously comes forward with a pic they saved to their hard drive, I think I shall never actually see one with my own eyes.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

My point was we previously thought the 4 footer "played" the Enterprise-D in the past/present scenes of AGT, then was reworked into the future Ent-D, then sat in a crate until 18 months later most of the stuff was stripped (with the exception of the nacelle phasers) when it appeared as the Venture. If it was the Odyssey at some point during this sequence of events, the above theory needs to be revised. And this damaged nacelle is coming into this from left field.

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

I've been here a long time and I've certainly never ever seen a picture of the Trinculo. Was the Trinculo supposed to exist before or after the Venture? If it's after, we now have some evidence that the whole Trinculo story is bull.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

I'm on an episode title acronym kick. Forgive me.

Anyway, the answer is supposedly after. The thing is, there was never any need to relabel the thing, as there were no appearances of the model after the Odyssey aside from the Venture in WotW. (Actually, I just remembered that I'm not clear on what form of Galaxy was used in the bigass fleet in CtA, which could have been CGI, an ERTL kit, or, yeah, the 4 footer. And I suppose now that we know the Hathaway was in Redemption 2, we have the Valkyrie precedent of a model at a convention getting a new name and registry out of nowhere. So it's hardly airtight.)

My biggest flag against the story is that the legend of a Trinculo-class Galaxy model pictures only came about many months after we heard the name Trinculo referenced in SoA (which at the time had set off totally weird speculation that somehow connected that name to a Galaxy class ship in the fight and from there led to the theory that the lead Galaxy in those fight scenes was the physical model labelled as such). Creighton perpetuated this, IIRC. Of course, we now know all the Galaxies were unlabelled CGI.

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
My point was we previously thought the 4 footer "played" the Enterprise-D in the past/present scenes of AGT, then was reworked into the future Ent-D, then sat in a crate until 18 months later most of the stuff was stripped (with the exception of the nacelle phasers) when it appeared as the Venture. If it was the Odyssey at some point during this sequence of events, the above theory needs to be revised.

Hmmm, "The Jem'Hadar" was aired two weeks after "All Good Things" but I suppose the extra stuff should've already been added to the miniature by then. If we run with the assumption that the extra parts are easy to add and remove, it's possible everything was removed for the Odyssey appearance but for the Venture they decided it would look cool to again add the extra phaser banks.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps