Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$ Enterprise-E in Action! ["Nemesis" Megaspoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$$ Enterprise-E in Action! ["Nemesis" Megaspoilers]
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mexican Klingons?"

Heh...how do you say "badges" in Klingon?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But... if he was banished to Remus, How did he become the new Romulan Praetor? Picard calls him "Praetor Shinzon". I suppose it's possible that he's the Reman Praetor. I'm thinking that they're on Remus when Shinzon walks down those stairs. The fact that Shinzon looks like a Reman in silhouette makes me believe that Picard and compnay believe Shinzon to be Reman until he raises the lights.

I guess I'll just have to see. This idea of him being exiled to Remus strengthens my belief that he's fighting the Romulans.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good points.
I think he's out to screw everybody.
He's not Romulan (although raised with their ethics to be their agent).
He's not Reman (or even mexican).
He's not likely to be loving Picard either, being a rapidly decaying clone of everybody's hero.
I note the scene from the expanded trailer:
Shinzon: "Set a course for Earth...Kill everything."

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know a site where I can download the trailer permenantly onto my hard drive? (I'm kinda sick of loading it, watching it once and then losing it - I'd like to watch it again and again, 'cause I miss things the first times around).

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
But... if he was banished to Remus, How did he become the new Romulan Praetor? Picard calls him "Praetor Shinzon". I suppose it's possible that he's the Reman Praetor. I'm thinking that they're on Remus when Shinzon walks down those stairs. The fact that Shinzon looks like a Reman in silhouette makes me believe that Picard and compnay believe Shinzon to be Reman until he raises the lights.

I guess I'll just have to see. This idea of him being exiled to Remus strengthens my belief that he's fighting the Romulans.

Do you really want to know? Because if you do, I can tell you. But if you'd rather just speculate and be surprised, that's good too...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.
I'll tell you one thing that you're right about, though. Shinzon and his Reman thugs are indeed fighting the Romulans, in ADDITION to the Federation. [Wink]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No... I don't really want to know [Smile] In fact, I should exile myself from this thread for a few weeks [Smile] I already know more about the movie than I want to [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, no, the vest klingons are Mongolian, not Mexican. only the sombrero klingons are Mexican.
IP: Logged
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akb1979:
Anyone know a site where I can download the trailer permenantly onto my hard drive?

If you have Quicktime you can download that version to your hard drive, there was link in the TrekWeb article.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
no, no, the vest klingons are Mongolian, not Mexican. only the sombrero klingons are Mexican.

That explains why my Klingon fajitas sucked so bad.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not read the script (AND DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!) but it seems a bit unbelievable that a single Romulan/Reman ship, even a supercool one, could sterlize Earth. Previous assaults on the planet have either been by aliens with an overwhelming technological superiority or have been quickly foiled. (I'm thinking here of the Breen, who may have gotten close enough to take some shots at San Francisco, but obviously didn't get very many before being disintegrating by Earth's defenses, whatever those might be.)

But I suppose that paragraph can't be confirmed or denied without telling me more than I want to know, so I will change the subject.

I still don't think those last three or four things like anything like torpedoes, but I do agree that that is probably what they are meant to be. Also, doesn't anyone else think the phasers look a bit more Wrath of Khan-ish, in their stuttery nature? Not that each beam appears to be composed of lots of seperate beams, but that they're...you know...stuttery. Skittish. I'm not making any sense, am I?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're making perfect sense, and I've thought about it too. I think that this is what Picard wanted - the phaser burst would doubtless consume less energy and recharge time, allowing multiple shots to be fired in a relatively short about of time. They certainly were not intending to damage the target with it, just find it. You'll note that the phaser fire is still the traditional stream - no two beams were fired in the same direction from the same emitter. Likewise, in other shots in the clip, the E-E phasers were also standard fire - but with curiously short (or even absent) "powerup" FX from the emitters.

See "Conundrum" for an example of the E-D doing this against a batch of puny fighters.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, if you've seen the preview, you already know that the Scimitar can fire while cloaked, and by TNG almose any of the major power's capital ships could lay waste to a planet.
Even Sisko in the Defiant was anle to render a planet uninhabitatable with the right materials. [Wink]

I'm sure that if the uber-powerful Scimitar (while cloaked) opened up on STarfleet command, they could eliminate at least NOrth America before anybody could put up a defense.....and it'd take alot of ships to destroy the cloaked Scimitar.

...as long as they don't use the crappy "you're the only ship that can intercept them in time bullship line that we get almost every movie.
It was even in the first movie!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Start as you mean to go on [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Scimitar also have shields up when cloaked.
Every time the Ent-E hits it, a patch of green comes up.

Of course we don't know if that’s just a side effect of the new cloak

QuinnTV
Member # 859

- posted      Profile for QuinnTV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
"Mexican Klingons?"

Heh...how do you say "badges" in Klingon?

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!!!!

(Or badgers , for you UHF fans) [Wink]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps