Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Requests for season six of TNG

Author Topic: Requests for season six of TNG
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As the DVD set is available as of today, or was it yesterday, there are a small set of requests I have for this set.

1. In the episode "Aquiel", there is a scene where the crew accesses the data files of Relay Station 47. These are past entries for the station. I am curious to see if there are ships mentioned in these past entries. IIRC, I saw a Starbase listed in those entries.

2. From the same episode, a scan of the shuttle Verne.

3. From "Realm of Fear", a scan of the bow of the U.S.S. Yosemite as she is seen trapped in the plasma stream.

4. Finally, can someone answer me this question-is the Dorian referred to as an Andorian transport?

Thank you.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do have "Man of the People" on tape, and there's nothing there on the nationality of the Dorian. Considering the subject matter of the episode, I'd suspect it's operated by the Gray. [Smile]

Seriously, we have little to go by. The captain didn't sound blue over the comm channel. And his name, Talmit, doesn't strike me as Andorian. If anything, I'd try and draw parallels with the Angosians, who operated this ship type in "The Hunted".

Awaiting scans on the above subjects, too.

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
If anything, I'd try and draw parallels with the Angosians, who operated this ship type in "The Hunted".

According to the Encyclopedia the Dorian was a re-dress of the Straleb ship from TNG The Outrageous Okona. Is that statement correct?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be oh-so-very-pleased if I could get caps of the following:
-Biko from "A Fistful of Datas"
-Cairo from "Chain of Command" (Did it appear here?)
-Crazy Horse if it appeared in "Descent"
-Gorkon from "Descent" (If it's from Part I, that is. If it's from Part II, I'll have to wait for S7 I suppose...)
-Potemkin from "Second Chances" (Or is that S5's "Ethics"?)

Thanks so very much.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Straleb/Corvallen and Angosian/"Dorian" vessels are slightly differently configured versions of the same physical model. Straleb/Corvallen ships apparently lack the sphere in front, only having the structures that "surround" the sphere in the Agnosian/"Dorian" version. And the stern section was added to the Agnosian/"Dorian" ships only (it was a plot element in "The Hunted".

The Fact Files / Magazine have inaccurate drawings of the models, making them look completely dissimilar, and probably confusing the heck out of a lot of people.

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've once sent you a picture of the Repulse. The same stock footage was used for the Potemkin, the Cairo, and the Gorkon.

The Crazy Horse was seen in "The Pegasus". IIRC it was the same stock footage too.

Stock footage of the Cochrane was used for the Biko. They just added a planet.
Biko

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose you'd think it inane and frightening (not to mention a waste of your time) if I asked you to still do a cap from each episode, then... [Frown]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the point if it's the same footage?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
I'd be oh-so-very-pleased if I could get caps of the following:
-Biko from "A Fistful of Datas"
-Cairo from "Chain of Command" (Did it appear here?)
-Crazy Horse if it appeared in "Descent"
-Gorkon from "Descent" (If it's from Part I, that is. If it's from Part II, I'll have to wait for S7 I suppose...)
-Potemkin from "Second Chances" (Or is that S5's "Ethics"?)

Thanks so very much.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

The Cairo did appear, as did either the Crazy Horse or the Gorkon (can't remember which one transported Nechayev to the E-D), but it was all the same footage, IIRC. The Excelsior being in the foreground, flying past the camera from the left to the right.
The Protemkin was just seen on the computer display (the odd Ambassador-schematic).

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
What's the point if it's the same footage?

It's something of a procedural thing. I never want there to be any question in the future or any reason why I can't say for certain that a particular shot is from a particular episode. There may be subtle or unintentional differences in the film print, etc. Even if there's really no way to tell the difference with a glance, or even with a long look, I'd just like to be able to say unquestionably that the Cairo pic came directly from "Chain of Command," the Gorkon came directly from "Descent," and so forth.

It's silly, I know, but I'm crazy like that. [Razz]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.