Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » How many starships can we find in EOTB? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: How many starships can we find in EOTB?
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are DVD caps.

There's more confusion with Kwan:
Lt. Nara said, that Kwan knew the Enterprise better than most people because he helped build it back at Utopia Planitia.
Troi said that Kwan arrived at Utopia Planitia six months after Finn's death.
Beverly said that Finn was reported missing at stardate 40987.2.

You see the problem with that?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Salvatore, Bruno
USS Donovan
USS Enterprise
USS ?
Starfleet Academy San Francisco, Earth

There was a Giovanni Donovan who was a modelmaker for Generations and First Contact according to the index of production personnel in the 1999 Encyclopedia. Obviously, GEN and FC came after TNG, but Okuda could have known the guy beforehand.

quote:
Ziff, Anaanda
USS Enterprise
USS Malone ?
USS Peterson
USS Clayton ?

That doesn't look quite like "MALONE" to me. More like "MA_ENE." There was a Nancy Malone listed in the index, but she was a director on VGR, so I wouldn't think she'd be connected.

There were several Petersons listed, including Lowell Peterson, a camera operator for TNG.

A John Clayton was a construction foreman for TNG.

quote:
Pierce, Walter J.
USS Enterprise
USS Imidazo ?
USS Suleman ?
USS Chicago ?

No idea about the first one, but I think the first letter is an "E" instead of an "I." If the second ship is named for the Ottoman monarch, it should be "SULEIMAN." I agree that the last one looks like "CHICAGO."

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.

I was going to e-mail Okuda about this, (if I showed him the pics he might remember or be able to guess at what some of the names were) but I thought I'd better ask if you or anyone else already has first. Have you?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha, it says 46xxx...we used to think it was 40xxx...
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i definitely see Clayvin.. and if they used Clayvin, it seems more than likely that the names above are Peterson and Malone. i doubt that they would clairvoyantly name ships for people who didnt work for the show yet, and even less likely that they would pass up a chance for a TV reference injoke. i'll just say 'get with it, man' and leave it up to the more outspoken board members the task of actually insulting you on this one.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain, there is no need for harsh words. I see that you are quite correct, but didn't catch the connection until you pointed it out. (Haven't seen Cheers in a while. Good show, BTW.)

I was only investigating possibilities. [Cool]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.

For anyone who's never seen the TV show Cheers, which ran in the U.S. from 1982-1993 IIRC, the names refer to three regular characters from that program. (Sam Malone played by Ted Danson, Norm Peterson played by George Wendt, and Cliff Clayvin played by John Ratzenberger.)

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the correct spelling? According to IMDB and Dukhat it's "Clavin".

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Dunno 'bout that. [Frown]

But now I see that I was even more out-of-sync with reality than I thought, as I didn't even see Dukkie's earlier post. This is bullshit. I should be slapped.

Can anyone imagine me on drugs? [Roll Eyes]

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry.. i was just giving you a slap that you should read that previous post because it made more sense than what you were saying.

i've always seen 'clayvin' but if it was 'clavin' that would be wierd cuz its diana's name. ok.

capped
Member # 709

here goes:
quote:
IMDB says:Clifford C. 'Cliff' Clavin, Jr.
quote:
[2003.01.02.17:07:38 EST] CaptainMikeKB: hey is the guy on cheers 'cliff clayvin' or 'cliff clavin'
[2003.01.02.17:07:51 EST] towel onion q - Diana Clavin-Vallee: clavin
[2003.01.02.17:07:58 EST] towel onion q - Diana Clavin-Vallee: my mom never shuts up about it lol

guess that settles it. except apparently everyone thinks its spelled different, like the guy who typed the okudagram.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Just remembered that Northridge is a city in California somewhere close by LA.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

capped
Member # 709

They had an earthquake
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the USS Suleiman under Walter J. Pierce is actually USS Sullivan, either in reference to "The Sullivans" or Danny Sullivan, take your pick...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:

For anyone who's never seen the TV show Cheers...

Surely these people will have never heard of TV in general.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"The Sullivans"
[Confused]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, can we assume this Alfonse Pacelli character was of an enlisted rank, seeing as how he apparently attended Starfleet trade school?
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps