Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » How many starships can we find in EOTB? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: How many starships can we find in EOTB?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not me, I was talking about Teh Captian. I'm CaptainMike.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by Brown_supahero:
Why you guys bothering him again. Leave him alone. Like he remembers.

Actually he might. He probably is writing a reply now and will write some article or something like that.

You guys need to buy him a beer, or take him to a strip bar or something in appreciation.

Will a calendar do? "Women Star Trek Fans of the Internet" [Smile]
But how would Denise feel about that? [Razz]

And yes, stardates are variable and don't always make sense. Big fucking surprise. I'm astounded.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to be more specific, stardates for events that predate the beginning of a specific series tend to not match up with the progression of stardates within the series. Or, I suppose, family of series. For instance, any stardate between 41 and 55 or so (or wherever Voyager got up to) can be pegged to a reasonably high degree of accuracy. But, for events that happened before "Encounter at Farpoint" things get messy. Take the Tsiolkovsky, which should by all appearences be a much older ship than the Enterprise D, but which had a stardate on its plaque that placed its launch in the same year.

This can only be expected, since the 4XXXX structure chosen for TNG was arbitrary, and not designed with back-dating in mind. And TOS stardates show the same pattern, being (relatively) predictable over the course of the series, but breaking down when it comes to dates prior to "Where No Man Has Gone Before," such as the good captain's birthdate.

I don't think I'm saying anything anyone isn't aware of it, but I just wanted to point out that it isn't the case that stardates are wholly nonsensical, just that the sense they can make is (perhaps purposefully) limited.

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any new ifo from Okuda yet????

Sorry about bringing the Wolf359 on up to the top i thought it was it but to find out it was this one hehe

again sorry

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly, no. [Frown]

Rather than think he's ignoring me, which he's never done before, I'm going to be optimistic and hope that he's just been REALLY busy or something.

I suppose if, say, Spikey were to send him a similar inquiry to mine and see if he replies, that might not be too out of line. Maybe my message didn't get through or something...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe my message didn't get through or something...
That's possible. You should try again. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Okay, I've re-sent the message with the explanation that I feared it hadn't gotten through the first time. Hopefully, that will do the trick. [Wink]

Time to wait some more. [Roll Eyes]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps