Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A Wolf 359 model that never was... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A Wolf 359 model that never was...
Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its just the same pic cause imagestation sucks

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p5b09c20b111a67e565e9c7525be54aa1/fcd0c24b.jpg

this is just some vies i put together

way i look at it would be the bridge between the nebula galaxy and springfield

this order
Galaxy
Nebula
Rigel?
Springfield

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a bit too big for my tastes.
I prefer the saller ships in truth. That liiks to be a giant Springfield to me.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little confused at just how small this design was meant to be.
If it was to be smaller even than the Miarecki bashes then the ship could be about four or five decks high, or am I misunderstanding the description?

wide image

(Airlock for scale)

[ January 08, 2003, 20:11: Message edited by: TSN ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good likeness, Reverend. I think that's how Okuda would have had it. Just some FYI:

He never told me that he wanted the ship to be smaller than the Miarecki bashes. I know I wrote that, but that was just supposition from his email. All he said was that he wanted a much smaller Galaxy-style ship than what was seen before, hence the 1/2 inch spacer which would probably have had only one or two decks, & the windows on the saucer would reflect that.

Which scale model did you use? I'm just asking because I fumbled around with my 1/2500 scale Ent-D kit in Okuda's configuration, & found that the nacelle pylons would be lower, which would make the tips of the Bussard collectors on the nacelles actually touch the ends of the saucer's impulse engines (unless I was doing something wrong).

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Akira
Member # 850

I just relaized that that description could be either of these ships

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/wolf359/chekov-bernd.jpg
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/wolf359/challenger-presumed.jpg

sounds like a modified springfield class

btw what happened to the pic of the springfield with out the pod i have seen before or is there not one?

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need to pay a little more attention. We've already established it to be Springfield-like. It just has no pod, a thicker saucer (though not really if it's supposed to be even smaller than a Springfield), and Galaxy-like nacelles. And it certainly is not Challenger-like in any way.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Akira
Member # 850

if you look at that pic i still think the challenger is two galaxy secondary hall tops together

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Additionally, let's not get outside of ourselves here and forget that this entire design is merely hypothetical. A model was never even BUILT, let alone shot for the episode... [Roll Eyes]
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh great... a 24th Century NX Class. Thanks Reverend...

What was that second pic you posted Akira?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Akira
Member # 850

the first time i posted with two pics was the same pic but imagestation sucks so i just linked it hopeing it was bigger

next time was the challenger.

Ok this is what i fell it should have looked like but i forgot to do the conny type band around the top view. but if you guys want me to correct it i will

Please dont kill me Bernd Schneider
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p360b26194f801ff97bfffdd198f8276b/fccf630a.jpg

btw bigger pic is here
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291288333
should be the last one.

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ug. A 5 deck saucer would make it NX-01 sized (as already pointed out), wht would starfleet
A) make a ship soooo small and underpowered in the 24 century?
B) sens such a ship to it's certain doon at Wolf 359?
....I'm still going wit Lobo's effort: at least it looks plausable for the time period IMHO.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Ug. A 5 deck saucer would make it NX-01 sized (as already pointed out), wht would starfleet
A) make a ship soooo small and underpowered in the 24 century?
B) sens such a ship to it's certain doon at Wolf 359?
....I'm still going wit Lobo's effort: at least it looks plausable for the time period IMHO.

nobody said it was underpowered. the Deiant is tiny and packs a punch. The size of a ship design depends on the mission profile. And there are lots of small ships in Starfleet (and the Navy for that matter) out of necessity

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I always got the feeling that the Defiant was intentionally small and heavily armed/powered and was a radical concept because of it.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Time to move this baby over to the Creative forum. I dig the "small" version of this ship, really...

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps