Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » nemesis obs lounge models (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: nemesis obs lounge models
aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all this is a late topic because Nemesis was only released here in the uk on friday and I saw it tonight.

In the new refitted observation lounge the models that hang in he background have moved to make way for the "briefing console"(?). In one shot you see the models behind geordi. Does anyone else think that was a model of the nx-01? it looked a hell of a lot like it. just something i wasnt quite sure about and wondered if anyone else had seen it.

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen Nemesis twice, and while I can't attest to specifically identifying the NX-01, I do recall that there were 4 models on one side of the lounge and 3 on the other. It would be logical if one was NX-01.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would NOT be logical at ALL!!

OMG it would be absolutly rediculous.

It would point to a disruption in the time-line then, and would point to Enterprise not actually supposed to happen.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to see I'm not the only one to think this... when I pointed it out a few weeks ago I was promptly shot down...

Those models were pretty screwed up... on the right side of the display has the original Enterprise plus the 1701-B and the 1701-D (Star Trek: The Magazine has a pretty good view of this) while the left (presumably) contains the 1701-A, 1701-C, 1701-E, and the NX-01, also out of chronological order.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by a man who understands the difficulties of time:
It would NOT be logical at ALL!!

OMG it would be absolutly rediculous.

It would point to a disruption in the time-line then, and would point to Enterprise not actually supposed to happen.

We know the timeline was altered in FC and everything that happened after the E returned from the past was set in an alternative timeline, a timeline where the Borg had attacked earth in 2063 and Riker and Geordi, not Lily, were Cochranes co-pilots. Even though it seems as if everything turned out to be wonderful in the end, small temporal anomalies were caused (for example Cochrane actually seeing the E), leading to events like the construction of a Warp 5-vessel that looks much more like a 24th century ship than a 22nd century ship. 200 years later, small events like Lily seeing 24th century tech in her time lead to events like Insurrection (tits- and gorch-jokes, joysticks), Nemesis (Wesley and Janeway), Voyager post season 3 (dumbass Borg), DS9 post season 5 (ridiculous Starwarsish spacebattles) and Enterprise (I wont even start...). Basically everything after FC is not canon! *evil laugh*

That way, we can also explain things like the changing number of decks on the E-E or Janeway's unpredictable behaviour: Time is not static, and by causing an alternate universe everything was messed up. You have certain time bubbles and stuff that caused and cause several anomalies, some sort of shifting between universes. In one universe, the E has 29 decks, in another one it has 26 or 24 or 39 or 12 decks. You cannot say where we are at the moment, and terms like continuity are basically meaningless! *more evil laugh*

We can only hope tht one day someone travels back in time again and stops the sphere from even going back in time. On the other hand, maybe the Borg Queen herself was the one who caused the alternate timeline. Think of it: she appears again and again although she has been blown to shreds, molten down and infected with deadly diseases multiple times. I think temporal physics calls this the "Kenny-Syndrome". We know she hasn't been at Wolf allthough she wants us to think she was, and maybe this is all part of some evil plot of time-travelling agents from the 29th century. On the other hand, the evil guys from the future were encountered by post-season 3-Voyager and Enterprise, and if they never took place, how can those evil future guys even exist? Is this some weird causality loop? A temporal paradox? Or just a continuity issue? *head exploses*

Sorry. What was the topic all about?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a silly person.

Anyway, having the NX-01 show up would surely be the worst decision ever made, because the ships displayed in the various "ships named Enterprise" niches have never, ever, ever varied. Nope. Not once. A completely unbroken line from the Motion Picture to First Contact. Yes. Oh yes. This is the case. Imagine what complete idiocy would be involved in, like, one Enterprise honoring a sailboat, one aircraft carrier, a space shuttle, and a weirdo ship, and another totally omitting the weirdo ship and the space shuttle? That would be a rift of such unimaginable proportions that I would surely be forced to give up, not just Star Trek, but entertainment, nay, even the experience of that emotion some style "joy" altogether, and retire to the simple life of the desert hermit.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a silly person.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who happens to have some cognitive ability.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though, to be fair, I am quite silly.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ridiculous".

And no he's not. He just wants to be silly so that the girls will like him.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They already like me. Allthough I'm silly. Maybe that's the reason they like me...

[Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just noticed in the latest Star Trek Magazine (Feb 2003) that on page 13, there's a pic of 3 of the 7 models. The starboard side of the observation lounge has the 1701, 1701-D and the 1701-B.

I don't have a scan of the image, sorry!

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we can always blame the problems to the Temporal Cold War and the small changes in the timeline like the Sovereign Class having 29 decks or how Archer has seen 24th Century holodeck technology in the 21st Century.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they put the pre-E there - why not put the Space Shuttle, the Sailing ship, the two aircraft carriers, the ring ship and numerous other ships there?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they do want to have an outside view, too. They'd have to build a bigger ship in order to fit enough display cases in the lounge, and still retain the windows. And then a bigger ship still so that the model of that big ship could fit in the cases...

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps