Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » nemesis obs lounge models (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: nemesis obs lounge models
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that the movie is available on DVD, can anyone confirm or confute the NX-01 rumour?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See for yourself... there's only one more shot of the models, and it's blurry and behind a head. Unless I forgot about another observation lounge scene.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/28/Lounge1.jpg

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there is room for at least 12 models. So it's possible NX-01 could be there along with a few others.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does Picard have a blue-dot on his head!?! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see 5 li..err..8 ships.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may see 8 models, but it looks like both walls mirror each other, so there's room for at least 12 models.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's assume that there is an NX-model on display. Why would they have put it there?

1. Enterprise wasn't supposed to happen until "First Contact". Now the future is almost identical to the one we know, only that there is a ship named Enterprise that would have carried a different name before the time travel. But Cochrane was so impressed by the visitors from the future that he decided to name the ship Enterprise. Actually this is one change to the timeline I could accept. Anything with more of an impact may be more realistic, since we know that several humans were killed on Earth in FC and that people's lives were changed in an unpredictable fashion. But we know that the post-FC Federation is essentially the same as before FC. If there had been more severe changes to the space program in the 21st/22nd century (*Akira*-prise), the future would be completely different and would never converge to the future we know (second law of thermodynamics). On the other hand, with such a stance ("it was all changed anyway"), B&B could decide to allow anything to happen in Enterprise, in which they were already quite productive.

2. Enterprise has always existed, and was missing only by accident on the Enterprise refit and the Enterprise-D wall. Well, while it may seem silly that two decorators made the same mistake, this option would work too. Most of all, it would work for casual fans who could not distinguish different timelines and who might ask in one of those chats, "Mr. Berman, where was Enterprise NX-01 on the Enterprise-D ship wall?" -- "You must imagine that it has always been there. Enterprise is supposed to be an integral part of Star Trek's history. Only that I and Brannon sometimes forget that." Oh well, without the last sentence.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cpt. Kyle Amasov nailed it right on the head
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is space for 12 ships, I would think it's the 6 we've seen before (nil, A, B, C, D, E), with each ship represented twice, once on each side of the room.

And I've seen the DVD and I can't see the NX-01.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps