Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Unceasing Tech ["Cease Fire" Spoilers] (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ Unceasing Tech ["Cease Fire" Spoilers]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's in the same generic shape as a White Star, but it would have to be one that's had its shell removed, or something...

[ February 22, 2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: TSN ]

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I've got a chance to really study it, I think that the extreme tail section of the Andorian ship is actually a dual nacelle -- observe how there seem to be two distinct sections, one stacked on top of the other.

Those two pods mounted on the wings have an almost detached look to them, leading me to think that they're probably heavy auxiliary craft. You can see some blue glows on the rear of the left-side pod, on both sides of the pod. That might suggest some engine sub-assembly for that pod section -- meaning a detachable craft. If the Andorians are more aggressive, having a heavy troop landing craft or two would make a lot of sense for planetary combat. (And Masao had the same idea a while back. [Wink] )

And though we can't see it well from this angle, the nose section reminds me mostly of a Danube-class runabout, for some reason...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The nose sections look a lot more like the Sydney-class or the Defiant's Type-10 shuttlecraft.

Here's a couple more screencaps I found:
http://www.trekconnection.com/pictures/Enterprise/season2/pictures/cease_fire/02162003204619.jpg
http://www.trekconnection.com/pictures/Enterprise/season2/pictures/cease_fire/02162003204907.jpg
http://www.trekconnection.com/pictures/Enterprise/season2/pictures/cease_fire/02162003205347.jpg

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps