Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Romulan Warp Engines (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Romulan Warp Engines
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beat ya MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
Well, they screwed up in "Minefield":
2. The cloaking. Something astonishing and new in "Balance of Terror", the Romulans have it already here. Don't anyone tell me they wouldn't use it in the war and it wouldn't become a well-known tactic.

Ah, but how astonishing and new could it really have been in BOT even without Minefield? Archer and crew are in possession of a cell ship with a perfectly functional cloaking device anyways. In fact, they've even used it themselves and on ensign expendible plus. [Wink]
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's important to note that roughly a hundred years before "Insurrection" the Romulans, having come out of their exile and putting aside various border incidents like the destruction of several Federation outposts and the Starfleet theft of a cloaking device, seemed well on their way to becoming close friends with the Federation. Why, the Romulan ambassador was trusted enough to sit in on high level strategic meetings in the President's very office. What happened after that, and perhaps as a result of it, should serve as an object lesson about the dangers involved when a former enemy is considered pacified.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cannot believe we're rehashing this. it should be obvious that the 'romulans getting warp' and the 'federation being worried about romulans' statements are not directly related.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps