Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Okay, who's got the DS9 DVDs? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Okay, who's got the DS9 DVDs?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bosnia.. the onlookers dont seem phased either

just go to google images and type 'dead horse' its great fun!

thats the pic that got me banned from SomethingAwful by the way

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah...Bosnia: home to the open minded gentlemen that have so entertained us with their humorous and horrific exploits for the past decade or so. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look what I just found:

http://home.arcor.de/spike730/screenshots/saratoga2_2.jpg

It appears that they made a dedication plaque for the Saratoga. If I'm not mistaken that's the 10th plaque of which we don't have a clear picture.

Excelsior-class Melbourne:
I'm really curious how some people could read its registry or name.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, how come we're not awash in DS9 DVD talk, anyway, with galleries full of screencaptures and heady talk about production quality?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Look what I just found:

http://home.arcor.de/spike730/screenshots/saratoga2_2.jpg

It appears that they made a dedication plaque for the Saratoga.

It was blurred by that crewman's armpit funk.
That's terror sweat, boy!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we are still interested in season 1, I should have pics up by friday night (EST), what again, are we looking for?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always knew there was a plaque. What's wiered is that is stuck on in the middle of a computer display/console/station. IIRC, they turned that aft wall/alcove, where the MSDs usually are, into a station but also stuck that plaque there as well.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some pics of that ship (interior) Sisko and Son are on when they arrive to DS9.

A pic of the Klingon Vor'cha before it explodes in Dramatis Personae.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More S1 wishes:

-Good pics of the Rigelian transport (Pakled ship redone) from "Vortex", so that we can establish the size vs. DS9. Also, beauty shots of the Miradorn raider docked. My copy of the episode is so crappy it hurts.

-A full exposure on the Klaestron ship from "Dax".

-Close-ups on the Tosk ship from "Captive Pursuit", both free-flying and docked, to verify if the model was altered in any way from "Unification".

-The "do me" smile on the face of the Dax copy in "If Wishes Were Horses".

Timo Saloniemi

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
More S1 wishes:

-Good pics of the Rigelian transport (Pakled ship redone) from "Vortex", so that we can establish the size vs. DS9. Also, beauty shots of the Miradorn raider docked. My copy of the episode is so crappy it hurts.

-A full exposure on the Klaestron ship from "Dax".

-Close-ups on the Tosk ship from "Captive Pursuit", both free-flying and docked, to verify if the model was altered in any way from "Unification".

Timo Saloniemi

The Miridorn ship was a re-use of the priate ship from TNG ( The ones from the search for the Vulcan doohickie, bot the black ship).
THe Kalestron ship is just a re-painted version of the tamarian ship from "darmok" and scaled doown.

The Tosk ship does indeed apear to be modified (and re-painted) and is scaled to near shuttle size.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The T'Pau model was given some extra protuberances aroung the warp ring and on the sides of the forward hull to make it into the Tosk ship. However, when the model was used again to represent the Vulcan freighter that Eddington escapes in, they forgot to remove the protuberances.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Vortex" preceded "Gambit"

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so I got some hangups getting the caps... [Frown]

Anyway...when I get them up, I'm going to start a new link for it, this one is getting pretty 'sour'.

The ship identified as a "Theta Class" Raider was reused in TNG off of DS9...(as stated above)...

A la, "Vortex" aired the week of April 17, 1993 and "Gambit, Part I" aired the week of October 11, 1993.

Think we can assume the two to be the same class?

Also, do we want a capture of the Duras sisters bird-of-prey during its rendezvous with the runabout for a size comparison or is that a dead issue?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
More S1 wishes:

[snip]

-The "do me" smile on the face of the Dax copy in "If Wishes Were Horses".

Amen to that, brotha! [Big Grin]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Do Me" look on Garak's face in "Past Prologue"! LOL!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps