Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » That FC fragment (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: That FC fragment
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember that fragment of a ship that we see float past the Defiant in the Borg Battle during First Contact? OK this might be old - but I was flipping throught the TNG movie sketch book - packed with John Eaves' crappy drawings. Anyway there is this nice - unseen looking ship there by Tom Goodson?? anyway I then flipped the page to that label from beer? with Zephram Cochrane's facee on it. Theh little fragment piece of ship is on there. I reckon that the fragment is from this lovely looking ship - we never saw.

Anyone have a scan of that ship - the line drawing?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a colored version.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don�t think it�s the same, the escapepods are wrong. Here�s my version

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a chunk of the Zandura: a Alex Yeager design that never was completely built for the film.
http://neutralzone.future.easyspace.com/indexfra.htm
Cool design too IMHO. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mleh, doesn't match up to the Zandura if you ask me, at least not based on the sketch. There aren't any escape pods or the raised section at the front. The curve of the saucer is also more rounded on the debris. I think it's part of a different ship that we haven't seen.

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=1867234

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it was designed as anything more than 'generic Starfleet debris'.

[ March 18, 2003, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huh.
With a name like "generic starfleet debris" you'd think it'd be an Oberth.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure Harry's correct. I don't think it was ever supposed to be anything specific... just a chunk of debris with identifiable Starfleet markings.

Oh... and I have also always thought the Goodson was a descent design. I nominate Reverend to flesh that puppy out. [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that the ship(s) posted by Starship Freak and Harry is/are the early Endeavour-drawings whereas this one from the sketch book shows the 'Real' Zandura. (Taken from TNZ Starship Database, don't have my scanner installed at the moment [Wink] ). Look at the ship's registry: 7105. The Endeavour's is 71805. Probably the same type of error we had with the Akira-drawings (the four digit registry the fact files corrected to a 5-digit registry to use as the 'actual' number of the USS Akira). The name Zandura is written down in the upper left corner of this image, allthough the ship itself doesn't have a name/number.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two things:

1) Who made that site Jason linked to, and
2) Why are they using my schematic of the Zandura without my permission? [Mad]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny thing, I always assumed that fragment was the top of a saucer or something - yet now I look at it and it looks more like the underside of something. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that NCC-1705 thing up there is gorgeous, does it have a name?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been covered several time before, I'm sure, and it's pretty definite that the wreckage matches up with NEITHER of the sketches. I still don't know why people keep associating it with the Zandura.

As to the other sketch, is that a name above the registry number? On the scan it's impossible to make out, but is it any clearer in the actual book? I didn't think this design was ever associated with the name Endeavour. Eaves did the would-be Endeavour's design.

Alex: Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but if you're trying to say that the sketch might have been the source for the Endeavour's registry number as we know it, you'd be mistaken. It had already been given on the tachyon detection grid display several years before in "Redemption" (TNG).

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"1) Who made that site Jason linked to..."

Well, judging by the e-mail links at the bottom of the pages, it seems to have been made by one Captain Cabac.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Two things:

1) Who made that site Jason linked to, and
2) Why are they using my schematic of the Zandura without my permission? [Mad]

The line drawing?!?
Nice.
Did you ever make rear or forward views?
If you dd (do) I'll build the ship as a physical model to go with my fleet.
I always liked that design.
Where do you think it seperates? In the middle so each half has nacelles woyld be by guess. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.