Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Shuttlecraft List - Fill in the blanks (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Shuttlecraft List - Fill in the blanks
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a thread for those of you who like lists.

Shuttlecraft List (1024x768)

I think that it's very nearly complete, the only thing that I haven't found the time for yet is to dig through the encyclopaedia and check which shuttles were destroyed and which are still around.

Additions and corrections welcome

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good list! I'm going to steal some of those shuttle names for the complement of the Okazaki. PS -- you've got a PM.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "class F" isn't official, right?

Are you counting just the seen ships or unseen/"just mentioned" as well? Tom Paris' first ride with a type 2 shuttle comes to my mind.

What's this Galileo/Galileo 2-thing again? G1 was destroyed, replaced by G2, which was lateron destroyed/abandoned as well, but we still saw it again as G2. Right?

I don't say "Just because we know there is a NCC-74656 we have to include every ship from NCC-01 to NCC 74655 in our shiplist as well because this is the proof they exist", but what do you think about including - for example - 1701A's shuttles 2 and 4 as well because we saw monitors in Shuttle Ops marked with those numbers? I mean, where do you draw the line? Same for those TNGTM "could-be"-shuttlechart. Where are Pontiac and Indiana Jones? [Smile]

Was the Conrad the ship from the TMP:SE? In this case, it would be the same class as the TOS-shuttles, "tpye F". And I guess the other one shared the same name with the it?

It has been some time since I did some research on shuttles. But I could dig out my stuff (especially Voyager) to see if there has been more.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of curiousity where did you get the names: Laikia, Conrad and Tereshkova?

Also, Im not doubting you on this, but where was it established that basically all 24th Cent. shuttles called class-2?

Also, wouldnt you want to add the Delta Flyer or perhaps the mentioning of the LR shuttle in TMP the Venture?

[ April 14, 2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Futurama Guy ]

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Class F was from "The Menagerie" and the shuttle Mendez and Kirk were chasing the Enterprise in was ID'd as that class, so its pretty verifiable

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lakia is the 'Long-Range Shuttlecraft' mentioned in Epsilon IX comm chatter. I'm the one who discovered it (along with the Merrimac).

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, right. Thanks.

And if it's named fter the first dog in space, wouldn't it be "Laika"?

Tereshkova was the one Janeway and Chakotay crashed in the "Janeway-thinks-she's-dead-but-she-isn't-really-dead"-episode from Season 3 (or 2?). What's the name of the ship from the second Voyager episode (the Nebula-of-the-week-show; Janeway and Torres took a Type 7, the first official contact with this class).

And you forgot the famous changeling-shuttle from "Caretaker". The one that brought Stadi and Tom to DS9. It was labeled NCC-71315 (or something), NCC-1701-D and NCC-74656. If you want a complete list of all unnamed shuttles from Voyager, just give me some time. Soon I'll find my list.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One error I see right off is the long registry number of the Vulcan shuttle from TMP. The number has been recorded wrong since the Fact Files and was retranscribed erroneously into the ST:Official Magazine. The model kit had the same number as the filming miniature. It should read:

VS-5047-61192259584-5

Presumably the 'VS' at the beginning stands for 'Vulcan Shuttle' and the registry has 3 hyphens in it.

Also, for the Type 15 it would be more correct to label them Shuttlepod rather than Shuttlecraft. The small one from the Defiant would also be a Shuttlepod.

How about the Long-Range shuttle 'Venture' from the subspace chatter from Epsilon IX?

Where did you come by the name for Repulse Shuttle 10. Does there exist a clear pic of that?

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

uh, you might notice it if you go to the Garuda post there are pics posted there of the Repulse shuttle.... Repulse Shuttle Pics

--------------------

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lakia may not be in the dialogue. However, as proved in an earlier thread, there was a Venture. Venture cancelled a rendezvous with the USS Merrimac NCC-1715. This shuttle was described as a long-range shuttle.

Copernicus-there was no Copernicus in the original series. There was a shuttle of this name in the TAS.

Hawking-there were two Hawkings. The first was seen in "The Host". According to a diagram found in Encyclopedia 1, the shuttle had a registry of NCC-1701-D/10. The second was on your list.

In one of the Starlog TNG magazines, there was a picture of one of the producers seated next to a desk. On the desk, there was a model of a Sakharov-type shuttle with the name of Heinlein.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

The Copernicus was the second shuttle seen/sent out to find the Galileo 7 in the ep. "The Galileo Seven"

--------------------

Captain39
Member # 1001

- posted      Profile for Captain39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original Enterprise's shuttles were type 1 am I right?

And also I think it would be kind of neat to include the NX's shuttles but do we know if/what any of their names are?

--------------------
I can resist everything except temptation. -Oscar Wilde

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shuttlepod One.
Shuttlepod Two.

TOS shuttles were never described as anything other than "shuttles."

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Does Data's mission scoutship (NCC-75227) from "Insurrection" count?

And I dont see 'Cousteau', the Captains Yacht on there either (at least specifically by name).

Or Janeways 'SC-4', the modified Type 9 (??) from "Endgame"??

ENT shuttlepods are called 'Pod 1' and 'Pod 2'...well isnt that whats written on the hull...otherwise they are called both shuttlepods, pods, and shuttles or something to that interchangable effect...

Again, the ONLY TOS shuttle to receive a class/designation was the Class F from "The Menagerie"....

Also again, the 'Delta Flyer'....

Finally, shouldnt Tereshkova be Terrenova?? (At least according to the Encyclopedia Pt. Deux)

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, its actually named Tereshkova.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps