Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Bandai Japan's - Enterprise NCC-1701 Model Ship. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bandai Japan's - Enterprise NCC-1701 Model Ship.
Anti Spark
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this Yet.

Gotta Love the Lights and easy build feature.

Click me! .....

I got mine from Ebay..
Also on some Toy Sites... 69 Bucks!! Ouch!

IP: Logged
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. But that's not looking quite as good as I thought. It might be the camera resolution, but the paint is not really accurate. Such as the red lines which are not straight and equally thick. In any case the colors should have been toned down, especially the green on the engineering hull.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please look at this site.

STfan.com - the Star Trek fan site in Japan

There are models of the Bandai's Enterprise which several Japanese trekkers made. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pics at Hobby Link Japan look nicer. Either way, if I ever get one of these (doubtful), I plan on completely repainting it.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get the REAL skinny here: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/trek/jr_enta.htm
The second review has better pics....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks good on the pictures in the second review. Very crispy details, instead of the cellulite surface of the AMT model. The color is still obtrusive, and some details like the markings on the engineering hull are not quite convincing (the strip simply disappears in the gap between the hull parts).

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
Oh. But that's not looking quite as good as I thought. It might be the camera resolution, but the paint is not really accurate. Such as the red lines which are not straight and equally thick. In any case the colors should have been toned down, especially the green on the engineering hull.

If you were referring to the red lines on the nacelle pylons, those are the wires for the power...they go into a groove and a decal gets put over those. That's why they look sloppy.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far, every pic I've seen of that model (be it from StarshipModeler or the Japanese site pics) shows nacelles that rest at a screwy angle, with the back of the nacelles trying hard to drag the floor.

That would bug me to death, lights and paint or no lights and paint.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
So far, every pic I've seen of that model (be it from StarshipModeler or the Japanese site pics) shows nacelles that rest at a screwy angle, with the back of the nacelles trying hard to drag the floor.

That would bug me to death, lights and paint or no lights and paint.

Sounds like 90% of the models people build of the 1701 and refit, AMT or otherwise. I ordered one of these kits and you can be I'm going to make sure the nacelles are on the straight and level.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The nacelle positioning is not too far off...but you'll cringe at the nacelle's registry being waaaay to far forward!
Fuck it: it's the best mass produced kit of the refit ever made and it's well worth the money.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And at least it doesn't fold into a robot...

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Go Star Trek Rangers!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now there's a cool parody.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folding into a machine? I tought that was Transformers?

Of all the refits I ever bought, the pylons are just too skinny to hold up the weight of the nacelles. Even if I do get them straight, as they get older, fatigue in the plastic makes them eventually sag.

In one of the later models, I had the brilliant I dea of putting a primitive medal frame in the nacelles, pylons and the engineering section. So far, three years and counting...

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

MrNeutron
Member # 524

quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
In one of the later models, I had the brilliant I dea of putting a primitive medal frame in the nacelles, pylons and the engineering section. So far, three years and counting...

Would that "medal" be a Purple Heart? [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps