Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Bandai Japan's - Enterprise NCC-1701 Model Ship. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bandai Japan's - Enterprise NCC-1701 Model Ship.
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I got my Bandai Enterprise refit kit and thought I'd make a brief comment on it.

The detail is pretty amazing, and the "aztec" patterns more subtle than the photos I saw would indicate. They show up when the light is right, but mostly vanish at other angles, just like the film miniature. The paintjob of the bluish colors does seem a tad overdone, but it's not so bad.

The only problem I've had is a big one...I laid out all the bags with the pieces in preparation of starting construction, and I noticed that some of the plating on the nacelles seem in photos online seemed to be missing. Then I noticed something annoying...the outboard halves of the nacelles are also completely missing the NCC-1701 legend and smaller text. All the pix I've seen of these kits build have this detail, so I have to assume my kit has a manufacturing defect. I guess I have to send it back or request a replacement part. Grrrr....

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is talk of decals being made to accurize the model.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
There is talk of decals being made to accurize the model.

You miss the point...the parts I have are missing some of the paint that's supposed to be there. So to "Accurize" it I'd have to try to match the paintjob on the rest of the kit and then hope that someone makes accurizing decals for stuff that's already supposed to be there.

I wrote to the place where I purchased it, and either they're going to have to send me a replacement kit or replacement parts.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah.
You're boned.
Send it back for a new kit from Bandai: A modeler over at SSM got two right nacelles and no left one and had to send his back too.
Wiggy.
You could always but a second kit and use tthe first to make a cool FASA variant or mabye give yours some WOK style battle damage. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps